Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil-at-Bose
Registered since

Mar 18, 2004

Creative L1 Compact Uses

Ok so it has been over a year since the release of the L1® Compact system and we continue to hear stories about the product being used from everything from military services to fitness classes. I thought it would be a good idea to create an area to capture some of the more unique uses for the system aside from musical performances.

So tell us; what types of creative uses have you found for the L1® Compact system?

Neil
70 REPLIES 70
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Creative L1 Compact Uses

Hi Neil,

This is probably not all that creative.

I use my Compact for public speaking gigs. It actually serves me better than my Classic - especially in rooms that are wider than they are deep. It is heard more clearly at the extreme left and right sides of the room.

Very easy to load in and set up.

It also works better than most conventional PA systems where I might do a guest appearance with just solo Guitar/Vocal/PorchBoard. I get all the great advantages of portability - but the Compact goes down lower than many house PA systems I have encountered so the PorchBoard sounds better through the Compact than the house system.
Mark-at-Bose
Collaborator
Registered since

May 13, 2018

As an L1 field representative I have seen a number of interesting applications. One system I helped sell was to an equestrian trainer who wanted to amplify prerecorded music and microphone in her horse stable/riding ring.

She got a wireless mic connected to channel one plus an MP3 player, which she carries on herself as she rides around the ring, connected via wireless to channel two to provide the music.

She trains her students in riding to latin/salsa music. I saw an email she sent to the sales associate who facilitated the purchase which provided a very positive review!
DrumrPete
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

My Compact has become a family necessity.
We all use (fight over) it with our iPods, MP3 players, radios, TVs, and laptop computers for music indoors and out.
Great for back yard BBQs and lounging.

I just recently bought a little LCD TV for the bedroom that has poor sound, but has a headphone out jack.
Hooking up the Compact to that jack gives me remote control over the volume, plus super sound, without clutter.
Neil-at-Bose
Registered since

Mar 18, 2004

Thanks for the examples,keep those posts coming!

Neil
iplaydmb
Registered since

Sep 21, 2009

I've got a pretty standard setup w/my L1 Compact. The only two, well one - this first isn't all that creative, 'creative things are, at the expense of my wallet, added the T1. Number two is I purchased a decent set of in-ear headphones and wite them (w/extension) to the aux-out of the T1. In-ear's baby!
latinlenz
Registered since

Nov 2, 2009

Creative I have with the L1 ... this summer I have used the L1 compact on the beach ... wow what a party . powered by a battery pack and a Ipod mixer ... it last for 7 hours ... Also used it for BBQ .. I just purchase my second one ... Now I'm ready for more power action ...
" latinlenz "
captacoustic
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2003

I have a forty foot long fifth wheel travel trailer with four slide-outs. We travel from New Hampshire to Sanibel Island in Florida.

Typically, the DVD installations include cheesy speakers and mine was no exception.

I place the unit, minus the extensions, into a cabinet above the TV and voila: hifi!
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

I use one of my Compacts for playing mp3's for my guitar students to play along with. I go to some of their homes to teach and it's a great sounding portable solution for that. It weighs 30% less than the Roland KC amp I've been using.
jazzsinger1954
Registered since

Oct 28, 2010

I have a gig playing keyboards with a local large church praise band most every Sunday. I bring a keyboard controller and my laptop with Reason because the B3 sound is so realistic. I usually use a Roland keyboard amp with a 12" and horn. Tonight I brought the Compact in collapsed mode, just set it on the floor, played the organ simulation through it and everybody absolutely freaked out! Words like "so fat" and "rich" were used to describe how it sounded, and it felt like I was playing 500 pounds of wholesome Hammond goodness on that stage. The Compact totally handled all the low bass notes I was dishing out while giving the Leslie sim, already quite good, a sparkling spatial quality I had not heard before. Truly a Bose magical moment!