Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Discrepancy? in manual for settings with F1 and Sub "full range" vs. "with sub"

So I run a single F1 Model 812 main and an F1 sub.

On page 10 of the manual, it says "EQ. "with sub" setting is recommended when using when using with F1 Subwoofer.

So that makes sense, I have a Sub, so I should set it to "With Sub" rather than "Full Range"

On page 12, it says under "signal input to F1 Model 812 Loudspeaker, F1 model 812 output to F1 Subwoofer" to set the EQ to either Full range or With Sub. The With Sub has a * footnote saying "provides more bass extension".

But then when I go to page 17, "Mobile Device to F1 model 812 Loudspeaker and F1 Subwoofer" it says to "Set F1 Model 812 EQ to FULL RANGE" which seems to be the opposite of the earlier recommendation.

So, which is it?

Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Discrepancy? in manual for settings with F1 and Sub "full range" vs. "with sub"

Hi Tom,

Good eye.

Yes, to be consistent

However, let your ears tell you what to do. Some people prefer to set the EQ to FULL RANGE even when using the F1 Subwoofer.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 6, 2019

Re: Discrepancy? in manual for settings with F1 and Sub "full range" vs. "with sub"

OK, thanks!

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 2, 2017

I often run my 812s in full range when the volume is moderate and I have them set between 11 o'clock and 12 o'clock. But when rhe volume has to go up to beast mode and I need to go beyond 12 o'clock setting, I switch to with sub.