Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Don't know what to choose.

PS: My band often plays a Farmer's Market where they have a L1S with a B2 and external (Soundcraft) mixer and it works pretty well too.

The_Mabess
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Dave 6 posted:

Lots of good advice from the previous posts.  Your mixer will probably work fine with an L1 - certainly worth testing before splashing out on a T8.  If you can afford it, personally I would go for the L1M2 with B1's (or the quite heavy B2 if you need more punch) - power in reserve in case a bigger gig comes along.

We are a 4-piece rock band with 2 x L1M2's + B2's.  This is easily the best setup we have ever had, in terms of the clarity, projection and distribution of the sound. It is also much easier to carry around (even with B2's) than a conventional PA system plus it's quicker and easier to set up and use.  For small venues we could make do with just one system.

We use a multi-channel mixer (as opposed to a Tonematch) which we are very familiar with and ultimately everything goes through it to the L1's, ie. 2 guitars, bass, electronic drums, 4 mics and an iPad for interval music.  The whole system works well and is very controllable.

Thanks Dave 6 & Chet 3 for the info. Yes, I will try our little mixer first and see how things work out. Ta everyone for all your help. Think we've made a decision, but will check out some of the things people have mentioned. 

gid234ok@live.co.uk
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Hi there,there is one particular reason why i am contacting you,the reason being we are both in Cornwall,i am near PZ at Praa Sands.I play Midi Accordion connected to a Tyros 5 keyboard together with vocals.I have not had my Bose system very long,only a few months.My model is L1 model 2 with B2 bass system and T4s tone match mixer,it is the best system i have ever had,although i find some of it a little confusing,i have just done the best i can regarding the sound.I have been an entertainer all my life,my music ranges from country,50s 60s,ballads,Irish etc etc..I just thought it may be handy for us to keep in contact because we are both in the same county.It is hard enough for me as it is being to my knowledge i am the only one in the county that plays midi accordion & now with the Bose system makes it even harder for me if anything goes wrong & needs sorting out..I hope you didn't mind me contacting you,i just thought it may at some point be beneficial.If it helps my email is     gid234ok@live.co.uk    I wish you good luck,best wishes for now Gideon.. 

The_Mabess
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Gideon posted:

Hi there,there is one particular reason why i am contacting you,the reason being we are both in Cornwall,i am near PZ at Praa Sands.I play Midi Accordion connected to a Tyros 5 keyboard together with vocals.I have not had my Bose system very long,only a few months.My model is L1 model 2 with B2 bass system and T4s tone match mixer,it is the best system i have ever had,although i find some of it a little confusing,i have just done the best i can regarding the sound.I have been an entertainer all my life,my music ranges from country,50s 60s,ballads,Irish etc etc..I just thought it may be handy for us to keep in contact because we are both in the same county.It is hard enough for me as it is being to my knowledge i am the only one in the county that plays midi accordion & now with the Bose system makes it even harder for me if anything goes wrong & needs sorting out..I hope you didn't mind me contacting you,i just thought it may at some point be beneficial.If it helps my email is     gid234ok@live.co.uk    I wish you good luck,best wishes for now Gideon.. 

Hi Gideon, we are near Padstow. Like you, we play a bit of everything. I've put your email in our address book. Ta for your best wishes, same back to you. 

rogerbus
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

The Mabess posted:

We are a 3 piece band - we play small gigs (less than 100). 2 mics, 2 guitars, bass, cajon. Originally I thought the L1 compact with a mixer might work for us, but my husband was concerned about the bass. Checked out the L1 1S/B1 online.......so much info, my head is buzzing. Can anyone give me any pointers about what to choose. Thanks. 

I love the Cajon... no many people use/know about this instrument...
not to mention playing it well......!! Peru Cuba Spain (Flamenco) that's where
the majority of Cajon Masters come from...!!

GET A BASS AMP...!! Don't mess with the Bose system running your bass throrugh it... the bass is a different breed... it needs its own separate amp, air, eq, fx, etc. where applicable.
Post a video of your band...!!
Best.
R______.

The_Mabess
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Roger posted:
The Mabess posted:

We are a 3 piece band - we play small gigs (less than 100). 2 mics, 2 guitars, bass, cajon. Originally I thought the L1 compact with a mixer might work for us, but my husband was concerned about the bass. Checked out the L1 1S/B1 online.......so much info, my head is buzzing. Can anyone give me any pointers about what to choose. Thanks. 

I love the Cajon... no many people use/know about this instrument...
not to mention playing it well......!! Peru Cuba Spain (Flamenco) that's where
the majority of Cajon Masters come from...!!

GET A BASS AMP...!! Don't mess with the Bose system running your bass throrugh it... the bass is a different breed... it needs its own separate amp, air, eq, fx, etc. where applicable.
Post a video of your band...!!
Best.
R______.

I am old (62), and tiny (5ft 1") - my days of carrying bass amps around are running out. Husband is ill, so it's up to me to carry ALL of the gear........I need a BOSE..........and I want one, and I am stamping my tiny feet......and I am going to get one. Husband says "Yes, buy one, anything to shut you up"..........manic laughter!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave_6
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

I'm old too, so I leave it to the younger guys to carry our B2's around - they are quite heavy.  You'll find the B1's quite easy to carry and will be powerful enough for your needs.

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

We got our L1 many years ago and have never looked back. We’ve become so spoiled with it’s portability, small stage footprint, and quality of sound. BTW we’re in our 60s too except for our daughter of course! ??

If you get one, do let us know what you think. I can guess what you’re reaction will be, but let’s leave that in suspense until you actually get one. 

ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

I'm in my 70s -- 2 Bose S1 Pros with one or two Behringer sub-woofers and if necessary one JBL EON One -- or someone else has to do the sound.

In a few years I suspect to slim down to 2 Bose S1 Pros and one Behringer...