Richard3
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Re: Electric guitar with S1 Pro

I play blues and classic rock with a Strat. Telecaster, and Les Paul. Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Page, Allman Brothers. etc. Thank you for your response!

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Richard,

Thanks. It's nice to get to know you.

Richard posted:

I play blues and classic rock with a Strat. Telecaster, and Les Paul. Jimi Hendrix, Jimi Page, Allman Brothers. etc. Thank you for your response!

For what you're doing, of course, you need an amp emulator. And the recent ones support speaker impulse responses too.

Richard posted:

Are there battery powered amp emulators that are portable so S1 Pro could be use outdoors with electric guitar"?

And you'll want some classic effects.

When I'm playing a jazz box like a PRS JA-15 I can run that straight into the S1 Pro. I'll use different presets depending on the room. Sometimes I really like the MIC preset. Other times the GUITAR preset is just right. I get compliments all the time on the great jazz tone. For anything else ...

I got the Boss GT-1 because has nice amp models and a full suite of effects in a lightweight package. You can use it in front of a PA (or S1 Pro) or you switch a setting and run it into a guitar amp.

I get most of the tonal changes I want with the controls on the guitar and whatever we do with our fingers. The GT-1 has only three buttons (patch up/down and Control) so it doesn't lend itself to stompbox mode (although you can if you add a footswitch).  Most of the time I don't need that, and if I want to play that way I've got a larger rig.

I've got a Kemper Profiling Amp and it does everything I could possibly want and sounds amazing through the S1 Pro, all the L1 systems and the F1 Model 812 too. 

I've been intrigued by the Strymon Iridium because some of the purists in the Kemper community are touting it as a fly rig or backup. In practical terms, if I got it, I might use it for the amp and speaker modeling and keep the GT-1 for effects anyway.

If you've already got a pedal board set up the way you like, the Strymon Iridium might be a good choice for you once you figure out a portable power option. Based on some of the replies above, that should be simple.

ST

g_machuca@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Perro2019 posted:

I use these kind of things. You can get them up to 12v DC out. Watch out for the polarity as you may also have to get a lead to flip the polarity over:

https://www.amazon.com/current...aps%2C246&sr=8-1

plugged to one of those smart phone emergency power supply. A beefy one for the power. It will give you plenty of power to last you a few gigs:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterpr...ps%2C269&sr=8-51

You can get these with 4 x USBs out.

When you get a few spare minutes you may want to look into a valve pre-amp to go with the Bose power...

Regards

Gerardo

Raxie
Registered since

Mar 7, 2020

Is anybody using Zoom G3XN pedal with S1 and electric guitar?