Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Electrical sparks out of the base/ amplifier unit

Hi
I just received my L1 Model 2 units [2no.]. I am having a problem with one of them. when i plug it into power, electrical sparks fly out of the vent of the amp unit with pops and some smoke! i quickly turn off the unit hoping it would be sorted with a reset. This has kept happening now for 3 times. I do not know what the problem is or if its a factory error. I live in Uganda and had the system shipped to me. It would be costly shipping it back. I don't know what to do now. I am just hoping the units have not been damaged
I need help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Electrical sparks out of the base/ amplifier unit

Hi stepoch,

Thank you for joining the Community. I'm so sorry to hear you are having this problem with one of your new L1®s.

Please disconnect the L1® Model II from the power source immediately. Do not reconnect it.

Please follow this link: Bose Professional Global Sales Offices

Find the closest Bose office and call them.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 5, 2016

perhaps a short circuit. if you purchased a US system with 110 volts there will appear problems with voltage & plugs.

as i know, Uganda will use 240 voltage with special plugs like Great Britain

https://www.welt-steckdosen.de/uganda/

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 15, 2017

Hi

True our voltage is 240. I did use a step down voltage adapter for this. I actually purchased 2 Bose l1 model 2 systems. The first one works well without an error on the same voltage adapter