Dynamite DJs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Elevated L1

very rarely do I ever need to raise it, but this is perfect. Gives me more room under the table for tower cases and my rocknroller and bags.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Dynamite,
FYI... The one for sale on ebay is the larger model, not the one I recommended. The price is very low but I won't know until I get one if it is a On-Stage or some sort of a knock off.
Dynamite DJs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

I'm sure it's a knock off. I like the one you have better.

Is yours a WS8540?
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Dynamite DJs:
I'm sure it's a knock off. I like the one you have better.

Is yours a WS8540?

CORRECT!
NickNZ
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2006

I just realised something. I have enough trouble keeping drinks of stacked B1s. Raising the power stand is asking for trouble.

I'm keen to try it sometime though to see how it sounds at larger events.
packman
Registered since

Oct 6, 2007

Sam's club sells a 4 ft table 2' by 4 ' that has adjustable legs and folds in half for carrying. I've raised my model II a few times on it. I used a lashing strap to secure it to the table. I like those on stage stands though. Has anyone tried them with a model II?
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by Packman:
Sam's club sells a 4 ft table 2' by 4 ' that has adjustable legs and folds in half for carrying. I've raised my model II a few times on it. I used a lashing strap to secure it to the table. I like those on stage stands though. Has anyone tried them with a model II?

I have used 4' Tables and they worked great. The reason I went to the On Stage Stands was to get a smaller footprint.

The stand does not have a top. They are simply a heavy duty, folding frame. I don't know if the frame would line up with the shape of the Model II. Even if they did line up, the shape of the Model II might be difficult to skirt and you would not have a place under it to hide the B1’s

I have used my stands with table tops made from the same stuff they make kitchen cabinet shelves from. You could easily cut them from plywood. It would give you something to place the Model II on and skirt and it would give you some storage or a place to hide the B1’s
edwitles
Registered since

Dec 4, 2005

For those that have something like a WS8540, perhaps skirt the L1 power stand? or make one that has a hole in the top and hangs over the sides like a table cloth.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Bigger not always better!

Just got one of the larger On Stage WS8550 Stands.
Because you have to fold the legs back to fit under the Model, 1 it actually ends up shorter front to back and more tippy than when using the smaller WS8540.
WS8540 it is.
mbm
Registered since

Sep 9, 2008

quote:
Originally posted by Lou 😧
Exactly!
Here are the specs on the 2 On-Stage T Stands The smaller WS 8540 is in the picture and the larger 8550 is the one I just bought from ebay. I think the larger stand might stick out in the back of the Model 1 but might also provide more piece of mind. That said, this thing is not easy to knock over and, if it were secured to the table or B1's with a strap, almost impossible, (in my opinion anyway)

Again... Bose Does not recommend or endorse this!.

WS 8540
Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Height Adj: 24"-37-1/2"
Width Adj: 16"-29"
Depth Adj: 14"-16-1/2"

WS 8550
Weight Capacity: 250 lb.
Height Adj: 24"-37-1/2"
Width Adj: 29"-45"
Depth Adj: 17"-27""

After some measurements and calculations, I’m sticking with the smaller WS 8540

I like the look of this but seems like it puts the powerstand at the perfect height for people to place their drinks on them. Seems like this is a constant battle with my B1s stacked 2 high.