Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneS
Collaborator
Registered since

May 27, 2018

Expected Battery Life

I searched a bit and didn't see anything about this. I've had my S1 Pro over a year now and while I don't use it daily, I have used it for lots of 4-5 hour gigs/events and the battery has been great- no worries at all. After a year I'm wondering about the long-term life expectancy of the battery - I just ordered another to have as a  "just in case", but was wondering if anyone has noticed any decrease in performance of the battery?

thanks,

Gene

1 REPLY 1
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Expected Battery Life

Hi Gene,

Thanks for raising an excellent question.

Bose doesn't state an expected battery life. There are too many factors that can affect the battery. Instead, it puts a two-year warranty on the S1 Pro, including the battery.

I understand the temptation to have a battery on hand "just in case".  Unless it's mission critical to run on the battery, and there's no AC power available (that's your back-up), I would wait until you notice an issue: like the battery doesn't last long enough for you to feel comfortable taking it to a gig.   Lithium-ion batteries have a shelf-life. The batteries don't last forever, and some of the decline happens whether or not you use them.  

That's why I would wait until you notice a problem.

Does that help?
ST