cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wynn
Registered since

Apr 25, 2008

Extra Speaker

Hello: I have a steady gig in a very uniquie size large room. My L1,Model-1 with one B-1 faces straight ahead on dance floor that is approx 70 to opposite side of room... To my left, is approx 125 foot dining room... The folk all the way to my left can hardly hear my singing/music. I went and purchased a ZXA1,EV powered speaker ( 8" speaker).. to place in far left of room to work wirelessly with my Master out... I have second thoughts. I was looking at a Mackie TH12A Thump speaker with 400 watt as opposed to 800 watt from EV.. Any comments on this....
6 REPLIES 6
colandy
Registered since

Dec 5, 2004

Re: Extra Speaker

Hi Wynn. I would be tempted to try a Bose Compact for that situation. With the liberal policy on returns if it didn't work as you wish, you wouldn't be stuck with it.

I do wonder with 125' of seperation whether you might get an echo effect.

Respect,
Col. Andy
wynn
Registered since

Apr 25, 2008

Thanks for your comment Col. Andy. I would really prefer not to have "another" p.a. system to hook up as opposed to a remote,wireless speaker capable of balancing the sound acoustics in this big room.....
brianmchale
Registered since

Nov 1, 2011

You didn't mention what's to the right. Would it be possible to spin the L1 Model I a little so that it covers the left side better? That should provide better coverage to the left, but at the expense of the right. If there's nothing to the right (or not much), that might be acceptable.

From what I've read, that sounds like one of those rooms where a Model II would be better suited. I realize you've already got the Model I, just thought it's worth mentioning.
DrumrPete
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

quote:
Originally posted by Wynn:
Thanks for your comment Col. Andy. I would really prefer not to have "another" p.a. system to hook up as opposed to a remote,wireless speaker capable of balancing the sound acoustics in this big room.....

I too see the Compact, not so much as another system, but as an augmentation to your L1, price and size-wise.
The Compact would also be better, sonically, as they are designed to sound similar to an L1, easier to blend in.
It could also be an alternative PA for your smaller gigs.
It will accept a wireless input, it's all good.
wynn
Registered since

Apr 25, 2008

Hi: Thank you all for your comments. The area to my right is a very large rectangular bar...
I was thinking about the compact as an alternative to what I actually did wind up purchasing.. which is a ZXA1, EV compact powered speaker. I haven't used it as yet. will bew on 12/30... wirelessly! In my original discussion with the techs at bose, EV and Mackie were reccommended as remote speaker. Well we will see how this works out. I also am able to use this EV ZXA1 on small gigs with my T-1 and my laptop. this is as compact as one can get. Thanks all!!
owenpoteat
Registered since

May 1, 2005

I had th same issues... I would suggest looking at the Alto line. Much more power than the M Thump... 800w in 12s and 15s. Lots and lots of bottom end and pretty lightweight.