Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

F1 Model 812 and F1 Subwoofer Feature Requests

What features would you like to see in the F1 Model 812 and F1 Subwoofer?

Tell us what you would like to see added, and why.

We can't promise that Bose will acknowledge or act on every request, but you can be sure that they are following this discussion closely.

ST

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 9, 2018

Re: F1 Model 812 and F1 Subwoofer Feature Requests

An app that lets me see if the speakers are clipping and set the EQ. or DSP settings. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

Definitely Bluetooth on the 812, as well as the use of the Bose Connect app. Would be nice to have DSP features on the sub and 812 as well, but I get that Bose is trying to keep things as simple as possible for users.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

A magical set of waveguides (user attachable) that would allow you to use multiple F1 812s per side (of a stage) if the user needed more output than one per side could give them. These wave guides would eliminat comb filter issues that would typically happen with these speakers a such close proximity!  

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Ability to adjust the height of the built-in stand (often times it is not high enough to get over the heads of big crowds.  The ability to stack multiple F1s on top of each other to create a bigger array.

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

I second the idea of having the ability to adjust the height of the built-in stand.

Registered since

Aug 24, 2018

A cardioid version of the F1 Sub and the ability to send audio over AVB directly to the 812 and Sub.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

vik posted:

A cardioid version of the F1 Sub and the ability to send audio over AVB directly to the 812 and Sub.

I do believe the current F1 subs can already be used in a cardioid configuration. Maybe ST will chime in here to clarify how this is done.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 12, 2010

I agree with the idea of adjustable height.  I had mentioned a while back that it might even be good if they made a much shorter bracket that would essentially allow the 812 to sit pretty much directly on top of the sub.  Then if they could created some sort of bracket to securely allow you to stack another 812 on top of that whole rig. granted I’m envisioning a completely different type of bracket but that would allow you to scale up the rig when you need more volume.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Litesnsirens posted:

I agree with the idea of adjustable height.  I had mentioned a while back that it might even be good if they made a much shorter bracket that would essentially allow the 812 to sit pretty much directly on top of the sub.  Then if they could created some sort of bracket to securely allow you to stack another 812 on top of that whole rig. granted I’m envisioning a completely different type of bracket but that would allow you to scale up the rig when you need more volume.

I think the F1 sub isn’t wide enough to go much higher with the F1 tops safety, which is why it is as low as it is. Just a thought.