DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

F1 Subs in Cardioid possible?

• Hi there, is there a way to use a pair of F1 in a cardioid mode? Similarly to the new Sub2’s feature... I have never seen this question asked. I noticed that the sub has a polarity switch. Answers appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dylan_R

Re: F1 Subs in Cardioid possible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by DJ JD BASS

Hey DJ JD,

The F1 subwoofer does not feature a cardioid mode in the same way the newer Sub1 and Sub2 bass modules do. The polarity switch can be used if the F1 subwoofer is placed further away from the main loudspeaker for improved phase alignment. 

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dylan_R

Re: F1 Subs in Cardioid possible?

Author Accepted Answer selected by DJ JD BASS

Hey DJ JD,

The F1 subwoofer does not feature a cardioid mode in the same way the newer Sub1 and Sub2 bass modules do. The polarity switch can be used if the F1 subwoofer is placed further away from the main loudspeaker for improved phase alignment. 

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post