scottm_2
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2016

Re: F1 Subwoofer Odor

Unfortunately for me, mine never stopped out-gassing and had to ultimately go back to the L1, model II's.

I hope yours work better than mine did.

Bose customer service was excellent but could not handle the smell in high end ballrooms.
wavesound
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 1, 2006

Yeah, I'm still having this issue...I'm not very pleased and I have been sharing this with a lot of prospective F1 Subwoofer buyers.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry that you're having an issue with this.

Have you talked to Bose?

Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

ST
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Sad, that you would have to get rid of a product you liked because of and Oder... Especially because it's a Bose product... I have a gig this weekend, an indoor live sound event and I am a bit scared I will have an Oder issue even though at this point I have gigged all summer the smell comes back at times... I have played hours of deep bass music and also many hours of hard hitting kick drums through the F1 subs... at this point I don't know what to think! I will try again to play more deep bass tracks for a couple more hours to try and out gas them more, but seriously...
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Called Bose tech support about the issue again. They say they will swap out the ones giving me the odor issues... No cost to me! Bose Rocks!!
StuartD
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Hello,

Is this issue of the Subwoofer odor associated with driving the subs at very high volumes, or just by having them turned on for some length of time?

I ask because I bought an F1 subwoofer but haven't had the occasion to use it yet. If it's just a case of powering up for some length of time I can do that easily. If it has to run 'hard' for a while I'll need to make arrangements to do that, in an attempt to avoid running into this issue after the warranty has expired, etc.

Stu
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I will report back after this weekends gig if the smell comes back.
chriz
Registered since

Aug 29, 2016

Well this makes me want to choose another option. I've been saving up for the new F1's but I don't have time to deal with this.......

Bummer
hellboy
Registered since

Jan 16, 2008

Any update on this from Bose (or other F1 Sub owners)?

I would've *LOVED* this to be a "small batch issue" with a recognisable number range to steer clear of, or return - but apparently it's not?

Also scares me the degassing seems to be "never ending" according to some owners who've reported the smell coming back...

Not trying to be THAT guy - I love and use a lot of Bose gear (The L1 Model 2 since it came out!)

Worried,
HB
(from Australia).
BJ_Bryant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2015

Help! Help! Help! I did another gig on last night and the smell was almost unbearable to the guests. The event facilities manager kept asking about the "burning wire smell". I had to tell them that it was my subwoofer and it was normal. I use my Bose F1's in my DJ setup but this is really embarrassing EVERY TIME. I own 2 L1 Model II's with 2 B2's, and a complete F1 System with 2 F1 Subwoofers. I need a fix, badly please?!

Thanks and hope to hear from Bose Support soon!!
BJ Bryant
Legacy Entertainment
405-202-2965
www.legacyentertainmentok.com
legacyentertainmentok@gmail.com