Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 19, 2014

F1 Subwoofer

I am currently using two L1 compacts as mains and two S1 Pro's as monitors. I am putting everything through T1, then through a Yamaha 12 channel mixer. My question is, would using an F1 subwoofer to increase bottom end be over kill?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: F1 Subwoofer

Hi Dooer,

Have you sensed you are missing something in the low-end frequencies in your sound?

You've previously told us

Hi ST. Three maybe 4 acoustics,and maybe that many mics for vocals, and possibly a keyboard. Mostly going to be used for vocals, just a bunch of guys sitting around jamming. The room we play in is a fair size. Just curious as to what would be the better way to go as far as the t1 to the mixer or vise versa. I know there's going to be a learning curve. Thanx, Dooer.
Are you still doing this (bold text above)?
Have you have added a bass player or percussion? Are you playing low-frequency content with the keyboards? If not, it doesn't sound like you have much need for an F1 Subwoofer.  The F1 Subwoofer supports frequences from 40-100 Hz.  To put that in context, your acoustic guitars low E string fundamental is approximately 81 Hz.  Your L1® Compacts already do a good job in that range (they go down to 65 Hz).
What would you like to change/fix by adding more low-end?
ST
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 19, 2014

When I have this system set up in my home it also doubles as an audio system. Just thought that it might be nice to have some good clean low end when the house is rockin.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dooer,

Aha! Well if you want to rock the house and F1 Subwoofer will do it for sure.

ST