ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

F1 - What kind of mixer will you use?

Looking at the F1 pictures - for a band gig you'll have two F1 stacks (F1 Model 812 & F1 Subwoofer)... and a mixer at least for me, L1s for the backline and monitoring.

--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--

I've been setting up my stages (band gigs too) with multiple T1®s, for years. It looks like I may be shopping for a conventional mixer.

What kind of mixer will you use?

edit-spelling
7 REPLIES 7
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: F1 - What kind of mixer will you use?

--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--
StuartD
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2005

Hello,

quote:
Originally posted by ST:
"...What kind of mixer will you use?"

I use two T1s together when doing open mic sort of stuff, with my L1.

For larger events (six-to-eight microphones in simultaneous use) I already have two mixers, so I'd use one of those. One is a small 'APB Dynasonics' (analog) mixer, and I also have a Midas Pro1 (digital) mixer.

I'd plan to use one or two L1 towers for monitors.

Since either of the two mixers I already own would suffice I wouldn't plan on buying another.

Stu
Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

On the surface it would seem that Bose has left the mixer option open. It would have been a disaster not to, but if Bose really believes in their ToneMatch technology they need to embrace it, and provide the tools to utilize it.

I would love to have seen a complete embrace of the original portable line array concept of individual control.

A system that offered individual monitors with ToneMatch capability and a simple box to gather the monitor"s lines out and send them to the F1s.

There might be a way to combine the technology of Jam Hub with L1 with ToneMatch and F1.

Just providing a portable line array that might be acceptable to those who have not taken to the L1 is not enough.

O..
Auron
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

I think about a Behringer X32.
I'm using 1 L1 M2 with 2 B2s (one on each L1).
I think it is a bit sad to use a system for more than 5000 bucks as a monitor system for just a Keyboarder and DJ. I'm not sure what I will do. I think the F1 System would bring a fresh new sound in addition to the L1 but I won't replace my old system or use it as a monitor. Maybe I can find a way to use the advantages of both systems together for greater Gigs.
I'm sure we will get a new mixer from Bose soon. So just wait for it.

Greetings from Germany
Auron
Mike_in_Texas
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 15, 2003

One of my friends got the QSC TouchMix 16

We did an outdoor thing, with individual L1 Classics behind each of us, lined out to the QSC, driving two more L1's up front as L-R Mains. Rocked pretty good.

The QSC TM16 is all screen driven space age, you guys might like it, has its own preset-like technology, and creates a WiFi hub so you can walk around with an iPad to mix, big iPhone 6 too.

(Me? I still like one per guy, mix yourself, blend in the air, but we know I'm a dinosaur!)

http://qsc.com/products/Mixers..._Series/TouchMix-16/

{what happened to good old PREVIEW your post before you send it??? Sorry if the link doesn't show/work right/whatever..}

Well, GLORY - the link DID work! Modern technology.. :-}
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Mike,

Good to hear from you.

I was at a buddy's gig a couple of weeks ago. He had just gotten his QSC TouchMix 16. He's a Drummer, and he runs all the sound from behind his Roland V-Drums rig.

He was very excited about the mixer, and the ability to use his iPad as a remote. He did point out that the screen was a little small and that he had to do a fair bit of navigating around to see things but overall he was happy with the unit.

I think that I would prefer a large screen, but overall, it's exciting to see how far digital mixers have come.
christidestrom
Registered since

May 6, 2009

Hey all...I know, it's been a while. Been busy gigging and with the TC-H forums.

Just found out about the F1, and was pretty floored. They even list the power! Smile

Anyway, I think a Behringer XR16 or 18 would be cool for this. Stage box with wifi, so mix from iPad or other tablet at mic stand or so. Slick setup, to say the least!
Sound craft has a similar mixer with the Ui series for those who are shy of the big "B" lol