Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

FALL 2007 L1 MUSICIANS CONFERENCE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

Howdy Partners,

As many of you know, Tom Munch has been working to find a suitable venue in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado for a Fall users conference.

I am pleased to inform you that we have found such a place.

It is an absolutely beautiful area that is chock full of L1 players and other musicians (largely because of Tom).

We've identified a wonderful establishment that has a stage and room for us to conference.

For accomodations, there are rooms at the Cuchara Inn (where we'll hold the conference) and cabins at a dude ranch just up the road that are available to us at a fair price.

As usual, we'll have a blend of "Music / Tech Talk / Community". Some of the engineers here at Bose including Cliff, Bill, MikeZ and Chris have already started scheming on what they'd like to contribute. Tom plans to do a talk on guitar and voice tone. We're very receptive to other ideas for presentations from the community.

There's a Celtic music festival happening in the next town just before our conference, where our own Big Sur alumnus David Enke is playing a central role. Here's a link for more info on the festival. Some of those folks want to spill over into our conference (a good thing). Also, David's planning to have the festival be an all-L1 affair.

Soooo...

You should plan to be in Cuchara on Sunday afternoon. (Of course some of you may want to take advantage of the trip to spend extra days.) We'll have music on Sunday evening. Then, we'll conference on Monday day and evening (more music) and we're out on Tuesday. Loved ones are welcome to join us.

Tom will be posting more pictures to give you a sense of the place.

Many more details will be posted here over the coming days including how you can make your reservations.

In addition, our wonderful community member ST has offered to put the plans for the conference as they unfold (like a flower blooming) onto the wiki.

We will limit the number of attendees so that we can focus, and we do expect to sell out.

We'll do everything possible to make it easy on you to attend. We very much hope you make the time to join us.

With best regards,

Tom and Ken
247 REPLIES 247
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

Re: FALL 2007 L1 MUSICIANS CONFERENCE JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

Where we'll be meeting...The Timbers...a bar from days gone by where legendary Texas singer-songwriters like Jerry Jeff Walker & Michael Murphey used to play.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

A local landmark...The Devil's Stairsteps.
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi All,

Here is the link to the wiki page:

2007 Fall Rocky Mountain Conference.

Ken and Tom, please note, I've added some requests for some input for you there. (see grey boxes)
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2004

This sounds GREAT !!!
Can't wait to hear more.
rwj
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2006

Hi All!

WOW...that's all I can say!!! Looks like a GREAT venue for a conference! Have fun in the mountains this Fall!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 5, 2004

Is that top picture where the filmed " the sound of Music"? If not, they should have. sadly we can't attend this one, we have a 2 week Jamaica trip planned for the end of Oct, Respect
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 30, 2004

The back view of Timbers & the Cuchara Inn from the Yellow Pine Guest Ranch across the field.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 7, 2005

Looks Wonderful ...!!
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 17, 2007

I just purchased my Bose system in January and have used it on a limited basis but am expecting I will be playing more gigs as time goes on. I know very little about live sound and would love to do some hands-on learning. Is this a conference that would be of use to me, or is it meant for more advanced users? Thanks!