Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

Firmware update for L1 M2

Is it possible to update the firmware on the L1 M2 with a T8S?  I purchased a T8S to replace two T1’s, and I was thinking I might have to keep a T1 for that purpose since the T8S is analog, and not digital. 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

Re: Firmware update for L1 M2

Thanks ST.  

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, The Edge.

I'm investigating this further. Please give me a couple of business days to confirm.

in the meantime, if you have to do firmware updates to a power stand, please use your T1®.

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, The Edge.

Yes, you can use your T8S to do firmware updates on L1® Model IS and L1® Model II power stands. 

Please do not use the ToneMatch connection for audio. The T8S draws too much current to provide a reliable experience when connected to an L1® power stand for audio.  Use the power supply that came the T8S for power and analog connections for audio.

Thanks for asking the question.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 27, 2018

That is great!  thanks ST

Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Thanks for the topic and replies.  I was wondering about this very question, since when connecting this Ps2 power stand via analog out on the T8S it shows under Prefs/ L1 Stand is not connected.   Now I understand that just for a firmware update on the PS2 you can connect the T8S via ToneMatch provided you have a ToneMatch cable available correct? Fully understand not to run audio through the ToneMatch cable from the T8S.

Thanks,

Poppers

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Just found a cat 5 cable and connected the T8S to the toneMatch port on the L1. power stand. Showed connected with version 1.5 so I think I have the latest firmware.

Poppers

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Poppers,

Yes, your L1 Model II Power Stand is up to date!

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

Thanks ST! This forum is great! Thanks!