ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Five Piece Band with two Compacts - Jim Blue

Hi Jim Blue,

Thanks for using The Sketcher! Here is your Sketch.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model I/Classic
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue ringed numbers are Channel connections to/from the Classic and Model I Systems.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting Jim Blue from The Sketcher
quote:
Not sure of the chart designations, but I have 2 L1 compacts. The speakers between them are Roland Cubes facing the band used as monitors. Thanks in advance for the help.
Jim Blue
4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Five Piece Band with two Compacts - Jim Blue

Hi Jim Blue,

Here is a slightly revised version of your Sketch. I put the Compacts behind the performers and took out the L1® Model I at the right side.

Hi Jim Blue,

Thanks for using The Sketcher!

This is just a quick note to send you a link to your Sketch in case you want to review it, edit it, or share it with others.

Legend:
L1® Compact
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again Jim Blue,

Here is how thing could look if you remove the monitors at the front. If you have the Compacts behind the performers you should be able to do use them for monitors.

Legend:
L1® Compact

Quoting Jim Blue from The Sketcher
quote:
ST swapped in Compacts and placed them at the back, and removed the monitors in front.

Please tell us more about your music:
  • What kind(s) of music you play?
  • Where you do it (size, type of venue)?
  • Who is there (audience) - how many, what are they doing while you are performing?
  • Do you have a web site?
  • If no web site, could you post a picture of your group?

And please tell us about where you have your two Compacts now, what you are hearing, what you are experiencing at the gig, and what you would like to improve.

Thanks!
convergencezone
Registered since

Dec 21, 2010

Thanks for the recommendation. We're a 5 piece bluegrass/country group, playing the Seattle area. Our venues vary from festivals to farmers market and everything in between, pubs, community centers. The audience varies and their activity varies and we try to mix accordingly. Our website is
www.convergencezonebluegrass.com
Give us a look.
Thanks again
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi James,

Thanks for the link to your site. That was fun.

You might want to look at this article: Bluegrass.

Although this was written before the Compact was created, the principles would still apply. This would be especially true when you are performing in larger venues and need to get plenty of volume.