Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Flexibility! Flexibility! Flexibility!

I have owned the S1 Pros for a very short time (just over two months) and I am truly amazed by their extremely flexible nature! I keep finding new ways to use them... Here are a couple of recent gig pics! The first one shows the S1 Pro being used for a PA for a wedding ceremony with 75 guests... worked great!

The other pictures show how I used a S1 Pro to provide sound in the bar during the cocktail hour at the same time also playing music in the dinning area for those who didn't want to hang out in the bar... worked phenomenally!

All at the same wedding... how did I live with out these little guys?

The S1 Pro is super flexible!! This weekend I get to use them for a stage monitors for the first time... I'm stoked!!! 

DSC_1245DSC_1363DSC_1416DSC_1429

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Flexibility! Flexibility! Flexibility!

Thanks for sharing, JD. I have not yet put mine on a speaker stand. I was able to project my entire Polynesian band, 3 mic's, u-bass, acoustic/electric guitar and 2 acoustic electric 'ukulele through the Bose S1 Pro via active preamp DI boxes through a Behringer Xenix 1002B battery powered mixer using the tilt feature.

I've done solo gigs with my shallow body Ovation acoustic/electric guitar and microphone using the Bose S1 Pro ToneMatch channels 1 and 2 and the tilt back feature in a medium size night club with superb results.

Your description and photos have given me new ideas on where and how to use mine. A second Bose S1 Pro is definitely in my future plans. 

Did you get any feedback on the sound quality from that wedding party, JD?

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

The mother of the groom gave us a glowing review about the whole days experience... and the venue manager gave us a thumbs up and a smile in regards to the S1 Pro's sound during the cocktail hour (on the bar side), when I asked how she liked the sound...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Yes!! Great report, thanks JD.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 6, 2018

Could not agree more JD, I finally had a chance to have a few outdoors gigs with S1s and F1, will report soon- Excellent results!