Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

From t1 to t4

Hello all,

I've upgraded to the t4 from a t1. Everything seems fine, but it does seem like I have the volume controls significantly higher on the t4 to get similar levels. 

Specifically talking about channel 4/5 with PC to USB, connecting my computer to my t4. 

I do weddings mostly. The other channels are used for mics, with aux for a backup iPad. Did not notice any difference for those channels. 

With my t1, I rarely had my channel 4(computer) control above 12 o clock. This past weekend, I had the channel 4/5 (computer) volume at 3 o'clock at highest volume. 

Just wondering if this is normal or if there is something else on the t4 I should be looking at. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: From t1 to t4

Hi, Scott.

Congratulations on getting the T4S.

Here are some differences (that make direct comparisons difficult)

On the T1 the 1/4 inch inputs on channels 1, 2, 3 are unbalanced.

The 1/4 inputs on channel 4/5 are balanced and are line-level inputs (lower input sensitivity than channels 1, 2, 3).

On the T4S the 1/4 inch inputs on channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 are balanced.

Do you have the input trims set the same way on the T1 and the T4S (not the position on the dial - but turned up until you see red flickers)?

Note: On the T1, channel 4/5 is one channel, and the two inputs 4/5 are summed before the input trim light. If you are summing two stereo signals into channel 4/5 this could be why you get more gain on 4/5 compared to a single channel on the T4S.

ST

scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

Hello St,

Thanks for that. Channels 1-3 on the t4s were used for mics, using XLR, just as I did with the t1. The iPad went into aux 5/6 on the t4s. Yes, set the trims for Channels 1-3 with no issue. 

On t4s, The computer went into channel 4...PC to USB. , Just like with the t1. No trim. I don't understand how I could sum the signal using a USB cable

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Scott Hanna.

Thanks. I missed this.

Scott Hanna posted:
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

On t4s, The computer went into channel 4...PC to USB. , Just like with the t1. No trim. I don't understand how I could sum the signal using a USB cable

Got it.

Scott Hanna posted:
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ?

With my t1, I rarely had my channel 4(computer) control above 12 o clock. This past weekend, I had the channel 4/5 (computer) volume at 3 o'clock at highest volume. 

Do you mean you had to turn up the T4S channel 4 volume higher than you previously did with the T1 routed USB from PC to channel 4/5?

Just wondering if this is normal or if there is something else on the t4 I should be looking at. 

Thanks

When using the USB B from PC connection on the T4S (and the T1) the input signal level is controlled at the source (PC). Other than the channel volume control - there is no other gain staging (or adjustments to make).

If you compare the same source signal from the computer (same track, same volume level on the computer) on the T1 and T4S, looking at the Input Level (found under the UTIL menu), are the levels the same?

When I checked things here, the input level is slightly less on the T4S than the T1. This was likely done to reduce the likelihood of clipping.

ST

scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

Thanks St.  Yes, you've got it exactly now.  I will do a check with both too. 

Just making sure I wasn't overlooking anything. 

Lol, I certainly hope it wasn't my computer volume that was lower...but certainly possible. 

I am liking the additional inputs/outputs on the t4. I just did a large karaoke corporate party. Had 2x L1M2, 2x s1 pro's for monitor speakers, and a compact wirelessly at the back of the room. 3 mics, computer, and iPad going in. Worked great with the t4s