ragman
Registered since

Apr 6, 2010

Re: Getting frustrated trying to educate!

(To borrow and age old analogy) No matter how hard you try there are those who will always think the world is flat. Don't let it stress you out. The fact that you were able to convince some is the main point.
jeremyg1
Registered since

Mar 26, 2007

two words of advice. "Who Cares"

I say this because it doesn't matter how much you talk to some people they will never change their mind. . . I do my thing and if others don't like it then Great. . . no reason fro me no care if the approve of my setup or not.

Heck, I just got a "hate" email from some dj in CA. I have no clue who he is but he insisted that i do "****" weddings because I don't use lights. . . He said a little more than ****, but I edited it for the board.
Left a fake email address and phone number so I couldn't respond back. . . great guy.
MobileToonz
Registered since

Feb 13, 2010

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy G.:
two words of advice. "Who Cares"

Heck, I just got a "hate" email from some dj in CA. I have no clue who he is but he insisted that i do "****" weddings because I don't use lights. . . He said a little more than ****, but I edited it for the board.
Left a fake email address and phone number so I couldn't respond back. . . great guy.

That email is prolly from one of your local compitition and they are upset that you make more then them because of your talent and the only thing that they can finger point at is no lights.

I havent used lights at a wedding in about 15 years.
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

I love my Bose I'm the only one in a 100 mile radius that I know of that uses them. It gives me my own market and those that hear them at events love them. Who could ask for any thing more. My wife and I are working very hard with the grace of God to climb the ladder in our area.

It is tons of work but it is paying off big time with referrals and dollars. First I say thank you God then I would say a big thanks to Bose for allowing me outstanding sound and presentation.

Hey Lou I still mean to get back to you my brother. Just been super super busy with job and business. Don't give up on me please. )
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

quote:
Originally posted by nextgen1:
I love my Bose I'm the only one in a 100 mile radius that I know of that uses them. It gives me my own market and those that hear them at events love them. Who could ask for any thing more......

Hey Lou I still mean to get back to you my brother. Just been super super busy with job and business. Don't give up on me please. )

No problem brother, I'm busy too. Our wedding season has just started.

I had to laugh, someone on DJ chat was asking about going Bose. I made a few approving comments and the haters came out of the woodwork. My standard reply will now always be "Whatever"
hellboy
Registered since

Jan 16, 2008

Funnily enough, I had a weird, but related "experience" from a local Muso who actually HAD (and was USING) a Bose (L1 Model 2).

What do I mean?

Well, when we were talking at a Gig, he asked me whether he should get another Model 2 for Stereo? - he's a Solo Guitarist using Sequences.
I said, "Why would you, for the sort of venues we play? You don't need Stereo Live, particularly with the Bose - you know, the sound is all around you, crystal Clear."

He didn't like my answer at ALL and changed the subject with a "no, you must have stereo".

So

a) He'd already made up his mind and obviously just wanted to hear me say "Yep, get another one"

b) A Bose owner actually thought Stereo was "a must", when, one of the major selling points of the L1 for me is that it sounds great ANYWHERE & EVERYWHERE, in Mono, thanks to it's Line Array Properties.
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

I have two mentalities with the Bose systems. I really want the L1 Mod 1 or Mod 2 with 4 B1 Bass bins. However, I have not had an event that I had use this big of a system for DJing. I have in the past used my Single 18's and Single 15's for band situations.
My points are as follows...
1. For 90% of my DJ gigs, the two Compacts and the T1 Mixer is my number one setup. I have actually been asked to be an exclusive Wedding DJ in mulitiple venues because of feedback from clients to the Venues.
2. I know the limits of my Compacts. If I need more, I will use the bigger system. I have built my business from them. I have a distinct sound that others in my area don't have or use. To them, the more bass the better. To me, it isn't bigger is better. It is cleaner the better.
People come up to me when I am using the Compacts and they will ask me why I switched. I asked them if they liked the way the sound was tonight. They usually answer "Yes", then they understand.
I love my Compacts! I can't wait to get me L1 Mod 2 with 4 Bass Bins.
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

quote:

Personally I'd go with two L1 Mod. 1's & four B1's. You would love it!