cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dancingdogmuse
Registered since

Feb 19, 2004

Re: Harmony Control for TC Helicon VoiceLive -- A Review

Oh Yeah Big Grin I had some time to sit down and check this out.Harmony Control for VoiceLive.It is a MUST to have if you own the voice live and your a guitar player.It works great....I stand by Dave's review...it will open up a whole NEW world to you.And it sounds so good and clear with the bose L1. Cool I am very very Happy this works so well....harry
Dancing Dog Muse
dcon1111
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

I just wrote a long post as a new entry before I saw this one. It said they had to approve it first , so I don't know if I'll get the feedback I'm looking for. If anyone has done any more comparison between the T.C. Helicon with the HarmonyControl/Guitar and the Digitech Vocalist Live 4 , I would love to hear what you have to say. I know that the Helicon setup would run about $300 more , but if it's worth it that's okay. Also because the Helicon VoiceLive has been out for over 4 years I was wondering if the technology /software is getting outdated when compared to the Digitech and whether or not Helicon has made any firmware or software updates available that would address this matter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Denis
tbar
Registered since

Dec 11, 2009

It's the <bee's knees>, does what it says on the tin - alt tunings no prob's (Even Nick Drakes stuff)... With the L1 it's sweet... 10 outa 10.

[Ken-at-Bose changed a disallowed phrase -- please see our Terms of Service by clicking on the link at the bottom of any forum page.]
oman
Registered since

Jan 4, 2010

Hi! Could any voicelive user tell me about usage of this device with guitar as a harmony controller? I know that voicelive has a special insrument insert. But what for? Is it possible to play guitar connected to voielive (and setting in such a fashion the way of back-vocal harmony changing) and use giutar in the same time just as an accompaniment?
i. e. I have 1 main issue to clarify:
Can I use guitar both to set harmony voices's notes and just as a guitar? And how?
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

The guitar input on the VoiceLive is what sets the harmonies for the vocals. The VL2 has guitar effects built in, but you can run the guitar out of the "thru" and get it into the system unprocessed. Hope that helps.

quote:
Originally posted by oman:
Hi! Could any voicelive user tell me about usage of this device with guitar as a harmony controller? I know that voicelive has a special insrument insert. But what for? Is it possible to play guitar connected to voielive (and setting in such a fashion the way of back-vocal harmony changing) and use giutar in the same time just as an accompaniment?
i. e. I have 1 main issue to clarify:
Can I use guitar both to set harmony voices's notes and just as a guitar? And how?
oman
Registered since

Jan 4, 2010

Oh thanx! Does "thru" output suit for instrument sound too if I got VL1? And what about guitar sound if I would not use "thru"? Will it be mixed with voice on stereo pair output or will be just lost in the box (sounds pretty silly I know 8)?
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

If I recall correctly, the thru on guitar has no effects and is just the dry signal. If you run the signal through the mains, then the guitar sound gets processed through the guitar effects and sent to the stereo mains.

I think it's the same with the VL1, but can't recall off the top of my head.

quote:
Originally posted by oman:
Oh thanx! Does "thru" output suit for instrument sound too if I got VL1? And what about guitar sound if I would not use "thru"? Will it be mixed with voice on stereo pair output or will be just lost in the box (sounds pretty silly I know 8)?