MoMan
Registered since

May 4, 2018

Height issues

I've seen some older threads dealing with the height of the model 2 system but not seen anything very satisfactory and am wondering if anyone has come up with any new solutions and also curious if the L1s tower is compatible with the model 2 base ?

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Height issues

HI MoMan,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.

MoMan posted:

I've seen some older threads dealing with the height of the model 2 system but not seen anything very satisfactory and am wondering if anyone has come up with any new solutions

You can't do anything to change the assembled height of the L1® Model II, but you can adjust the bayonet on the upper section of the Cylindrical Radiator® so you don't need as much height to assemble it.

Adjusting the Length

The Bayonet can be adjusted for easier mounting/dismounting with lower ceilings. Newer L1 Cylindrical Radiator(r) loudspeakers have bayonets with three holes. With the upper L1 on a table or floor, you can easily unscrew the two Phillips-head screws from the Bayonet and reposition the Bayonet so that it does not protrude as much out from the upper L1. This gains you an extra inch of space when mounting/dismounting the upper L1 in places where the ceiling height is less than ideal.

BayonetShort.jpg

Source

MoMan posted:

? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? 

and also curious if the L1s tower is compatible with the model 2 base ?

No, the Cylindrical Radiator® sections of the L1® Model II are not interchangeable with the L1® Model 1S.

Where are you performing where there isn't enough room to use the L1® Model II?

ST

Reference notes

ModelHeight InchesHeight mm
Compact (collapsed)16.5"418 mm
F1 Model 81226.5"665 mm
F1 Subwoofer27.0"688 mm
F1 system stack73.5"1868 mm
Compact78.5"1995 mm
Model 1S79.4"2018 mm
Model I / Classic82.75"2074 mm
Model II84.0"2134 mm
MarkStar
Registered since

Jan 5, 2018

And here I thought that screw fell out of both of my L1 M2's. I should have known that would never happen with Bose. Silly me! LOL

MoMan
Registered since

May 4, 2018

I've already shortened the bayonet.  I play a lot in Northern New England where a lot of the venues are in older buildings built for shorter people i guess. 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi MoMan,

Have you tried using just the lower section of the Cylindrical Radiator®? You would have to raise the system so the sound will disperse properly. 

We have some notes about that here:

Half Stack

Important: Make sure the unit is stable if you raise it off the floor.

ST