Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Hooking up an older T-One Tonematch at Venue

I have the older Bose T-one Tonematch. I do an acoustic Solo gig at a few places that want me to run directly into their system. Most places have a left and right xlr cable that comes from their house system. How would I hook this up to the Bose T1??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Hooking up an older T-One Tonematch at Venue

Hi, B4Hand Acoustic,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

B4Hand Acoustic posted:

I have the older Bose T-one Tonematch.

That sounds like a T1.

Bose T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine

I do an acoustic Solo gig at a few places that want me to run directly into their system.

You'll need a T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Power Supply   if you don't already have one.

Use the T1 Master Output.

T1MasterOutput.png

Most places have a left and right xlr cable that comes from their house system.

It seems unlikely that these are stereo inputs. More likely, these are for two different inputs (e.g., two microphones).

However, we can't know if these inputs support line-level or microphone level-inputs.

Line-Level

Use a 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve to XLR cable.

Hosa HSX003 Pro Balanced 1/4-Inch TRS to XLR Male Interconnect Cable, 3-Feet

Microphone-Level

Get a DI box. (converts line-level to microphone level)

Use a 1/4 inch (6.3mm) Tip-Sleeve to 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) Tip-Sleeve cable from the T1 to the DI box.

Hosa GTR-210 Straight to Straight Guitar Cable, 10 Feet

Use an XLR to XLR cable from the DI box to the XLR input.

How would I hook this up to the Bose T1??

Does that help?
ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Thanks for the Quick reply. I think the 2 XLR cables that they are supplying are  left and right channels.. on other nights they have a DJ and the XLR’s are what he plugs into the output of his mixer

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Michael / H4Hand Acoustic.

Michael / B4Hand Acoustic posted:

Thanks for the Quick reply. I think the 2 XLR cables that they are supplying are  left and right channels.. on other nights they have a DJ and the XLR’s are what he plugs into the output of his mixer

Please check with the venue to find out if you must provide a signal for both XLR cables.

Also, you might want to check the gender of the cable(s) before buying any more cables.

While you are talking to them you can confirm if their setup is better suited for line-level or microphone-level outputs.

ST