cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJJerry
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

How Can I Connect my F1 812 Speakers to my MacBook Pro?

Hi, I'd like to know what I would need to connect my F1 812's to my 2016 15" MacBook Pro? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dylan_R

Re: How Can I Connect my F1 812 Speakers to my MacBook Pro?

Author Accepted Answer selected by DJJerry

Hey DJJerry.

If you have a pair of F1 812 speakers, I recommend using a 3.5mm to 2 x 1/4 cable instead:

Plug the stereo 1/4" connections into Input 1 on each F1 812 speaker for a stereo setup. 

Daisy-chaining the F1 812 speakers using an XLR cable is also a viable option, though this will mean that both speakers will play the same audio in mono. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dylan_R

Hi DJJerry!

Thank you for your post. I recommend using a 3.5mm to RCA/phono cable (pictured left) to connect from the MacBook's headphone output to Input 2 on the F1 812 speaker (pictured right). 

Hope this helps!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DJJerry
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Thank yoou Dylan,

I wasn't sure if you could simply connect it in this way directly from my MacBook Pro. Please correct me if I'm wrong, In order to connect to both F1's, all I would need is an RCA Y from my MacBook Pro? Or, could I daisy chain from one F1 to the other with an XLR cable? Thanks again for your help, I sincerely appreciate it.

Dylan_R

Author Accepted Answer selected by DJJerry

Hey DJJerry.

If you have a pair of F1 812 speakers, I recommend using a 3.5mm to 2 x 1/4 cable instead:

Plug the stereo 1/4" connections into Input 1 on each F1 812 speaker for a stereo setup. 

Daisy-chaining the F1 812 speakers using an XLR cable is also a viable option, though this will mean that both speakers will play the same audio in mono. 

View solution in original post

DJJerry
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Will do....... Thanks for your help 😋