Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

How can I get my voice in a Karaoke mix

I am using the S1 Pro for Karaoke. I am doing the backing with phone Bluetooth and am using a Beta 58a mic.

I can't get my voice in the mix. It seems my voice is out in left field or someplace else.

Please give me some techniques to better blend with the recordings.

Incidentally this problem is not unique to the S1 Pro. I have the same problem with the L1 and other systems.

3 REPLIES 3
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: How can I get my voice in a Karaoke mix

Take your Bose S1 to your local music store and try it with a Sennheiser E935 microphone and you will find your vocals. The Sennheiser E935 has a high decibel output and very wide frequency range.

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dance Host,

If you are using reverb on your voice, remove it and try singing without it. Does your voice have more presence in the mix? If so, then work with the reverb to bring your voice forward in the mix, or push it back.

Does that help?

ST

Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

I rarely use effects of any kind with my vocals. ST's advice is good, on the reverb. My vocals have been described to be the same as Johnny Cash, Don Ho and Mike Pinera. All the above added to my account in volume, being retired from the USMC. Try a variety of microphones to find what goes well with your voice. The Shure Beta 58 is a great microphone, but their may be other makes and models that pull your voice through. I do not like "eating the mic", so most Shure products don't work well for me. Let us know what solution works for you.