Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

How do I connect an LI Model I and an LI Model II, with a T4S mixer? And is it even possible, or a good idea?

I am a solo act, singer and guitarist, and am playing bigger stages now. Please tell me if purchasing an LI Model II is even a good idea, and if I can connect it to my Model I for a bigger sound for more people and bigger stages.

And, in addition to buying the new Model II, do I need to purchase anything else, like cords or something?

Please answer as best you can with PICTURES. That'd make it much easier to understand!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: How do I connect an LI Model I and an LI Model II, with a T4S mixer? And is it even possible, or a good idea?

Hi DMC,

DMC posted:

I am a solo act, singer and guitarist, and am playing bigger stages now. Please tell me if purchasing an LI Model II is even a good idea, and if I can connect it to my Model I for a bigger sound for more people and bigger stages.

The L1 Model II performs like the L1 Model I except mid-high frequencies are more evenly distributed at the extreme left and right.

Using the L1 Model I and L1 Model II on the same stage is not much louder than the L1 Model I alone. However, you can increase your horizontal coverage by the distance between the two L1 systems. 

For example, if you put the L1 systems 20 feet apart then you will increase the horizontal dispersion by 20 feet. 

For more coverage, you can put the L1 systems farther apart.

And, in addition to buying the new Model II, do I need to purchase anything else, like cords or something?

Please answer as best you can with PICTURES. That'd make it much easier to understand!

Thanks!

You will need one 1/4 inch (6.3mm) Tip-Sleeve cable to connect the T4S right output to the L1 Model I. 

The T4S comes with the ToneMatch cable required to connect to the L1 Model II.

T4S Model II Model I

Have I answered your questions?

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 30, 2018

Re: How do I connect an LI Model I and an LI Model II, with a T4S mixer? And is it even possible, or a good idea?

Thanks for posting! I have a further question: In the picture above there is a mixer other than the T4S. Do I need a second mixer then to connect the Model I and the Model II, or can I just go directly from the T4S mixer's OUT to the Model II?

Thanks again for replying

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi DMC,

DMC posted:

Thanks for posting! I have a further question: In the picture above there is a mixer other than the T4S.

There's only one mixer in the picture; the T4S.T4S Model II Model I-a

Do I need a second mixer then to connect the Model I and the Model II,

You don't need a second mixer.

or can I just go directly from the T4S mixer's OUT to the Model II?

You will connect the T4S to the L1 Model II using the ToneMatch port with the ToneMatch cable that comes with the T4S. That's the green line in the picture above.

Thanks again for replying

You're welcome.

ST