jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

How do you run your B2s?

Just curious to how people setup their B2s on their Model IIs.

Do you run the Normal or + mode

Do you run the T1 with the DJ Preset (High Volume Music)

or both (+ Mode and DJ Preset)
8 REPLIES 8
Andy_Lancaster
Registered since

Jan 21, 2015

Re: How do you run your B2s?

I usually run a few test songs at the venue I'm at before deciding on a setting, so I can get the sound I want.

That said, I find myself commonly using the '+' position on the B2, and the low/high volume preset on the T1. I'm always changing the 3 tone settings.

I only ever change the bass switch if the room is causing too much bass, which usually isn't a problem. In addition to the Dj presets, I also use an eq bump around 15Khz to open it up a tad more. If I'm doing something extremely loud I usually roll of the high end though, as it gets a tad shouty if I don't.
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

Wow, only 1 person to respond.

Andy,

Do you use both the high volume preset and low volume preset depending on the room?
scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

It varies. But I'd say mostly in the neutral position with t1 on high volume
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

^^ that's how I run mine.

When I put the B2s in + mode, it sounds bad and causes crazy low rumble feedback, and music sound unnatrual

Truthfully, I run in minus mode until dancing starts.

Even with the Mic -15 bass on the T1, it's not enough cut on the lowed.

If the T1 went to -30 on the basis eq, it would be fine.
Auron
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 3, 2011

I'm using 2 L1 M2 with 2 B2. Usually I use the + option on both. I'm not using the T1 anymore since I have 2 Systems and go direct into the Keyboard. In very small rooms I change to the normal position but most of the time the + option is great and I think about buying 2 packlite and 2 more B2s. For Outside Gigs this would be great I think.

Greetings from Germany
Aik
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

I started doing something different.

I now use the low volume DJ Preset on the T1. Sounds cleaner on bass and on highs. Less boomy, and better vocals.

I now run with +mode on the sub.
djrhouse
Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2004

I have four B2s and two T-1s (2 L1 Model II) and two packlites that I run into my Pioneer controller, DDJ-SZ. On both T-1s, I run them on DJ low volume preset, B2 selectable button on the plus setting. Just imagine how that sounds, clean and powerful:-).
DJ JD BASS
Advocate
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

I usually run them in the positive position from my mixer Denon X500 bass eq at 12 noon. Once in a while I will find I have too much bass and I will put them in the middle position.