ozzysteve
Registered since

Oct 17, 2009

How loud will the Bose L1 II, go?

How loud will the Bose L1 go, as we quite often have to play outdoors and wondered how far we can crank the gear up. We have two towers and 6 subs.

Indoors is not a problem, but we might be playing at a Queensland Flood relief concert in a couple of weeks and the audience size is undetermined because the organizers have no idea how many will turn up.

I should imagine the volume would be measured at dB levels at 1 metre. Have any of the Bose guru's done experiments?
I definately don't want to blow anything up.
2 REPLIES 2
Eric-at-Bose
Bose Employee
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: How loud will the Bose L1 II, go?

Dear Ozzysteve,

Thank you for the question, and our hearts go out to all of the flood victims in Australia.

I personally don't have any decibel levels that I can say these will go up to (some of the engineers at Bose who monitor this too may have an actual number for you). With that said, the same rules should apply, whether you are outside or inside, in terms of the number of people that one of these will cover. Obviously, without knowing exactly the number of people who are going to be showing up, I couldn't make a great recommendation, other than, just be prepared to have additional amplification if necessary. One of the L1's, outside should do well to upwards of 250 to 300 people, and you can double the amount of people if you an another system.
Perhaps other members of the Bose Live Music staff who read this, can respond in kind as well, perhaps some who have more experience using this outdoors.

Thank you and have a great day,

Eric-at-Bose
Neil-at-Bose
Registered since

Mar 18, 2004

Re: How loud will the Bose L1 II, go?

Hi Ozzysteve,

In general the L1 systems perform very good outside, you will notice some drop off in bass response with distance as you get further away from the stage. It sounds like you are using two L1 systems which should be able to support audiences from 250-300 people provided that the number of input signals (sources)are not excessive. In general the more sources that you combine into a single system, the less clear it can become. When adding an additional system,the biggest benefit gained in my experience is the increase in overall clarity, not neccessarily more output.

Please let us know how things turn out, wishing everyone the best.

Neil