Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

How to use bluetooth with L1 model 2

Hi all, I currently use a L1 compact, to which to transmit music from my tab using Bluetooth, I use the Bose Bluetooth adapter plugged into Aux input of compact. I have now set my eyes on Model 2 and I am wondering how to transmit music from my tab using Bluetooth. I also have a tone match unit. Appreciate support.

Thanks

Hiran

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: How to use bluetooth with L1 model 2

Hi Hiran,

Thank you for joining the Community and congratulations on getting your L1® Model II and T1®.  Thanks for your interesting question. I believe you are the first to ask about connecting the Bose SoundLink Wireless Link adapter to a T1®.

Connect the Bose SoundLink Wireless Link adapter Audio Out to T1® Channel 4/5.

Set the T1® Channel 4/5 Input trim so you see solid green with occasional flicker of yellow - but no red. If you see flickers of red (below), turn the Trim down. You are definitely nearing or in compression. Turn the Trim down until there are no red flickers.

T1® Trim Pots

Here's the big picture adapted from page 13 of the Bose SoundLink Wireless Link adapter owners guide.

SoundTouch Wireless to T1

You can use the Aux cable and Splitter that came with your SoundLink Wireless Link adapter.  You will also need two adapters like this.

You will connect to T1® Channel 4/5 here:

Or you can use any combination of cables and adapters that gives you connections like this.

Here's and example: Hosa CMP-159 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 1/4 inch TS Stereo Breakout Cable

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Thank you very much for the reply. I actually have the older version    https://www.amazon.com/Bose-72...e+bluetooth+receiver

Iam sure the working of the system must be as the unit you described. Thank you

Best Regards

Hiran

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Hiran,

Yes, the connections would be the same with your Bose Bluetooth Adapter.

Here is an excert from page 7 of the Bose Bluetooth Adapter Owners Guide

Everything is the same as in my post above except that the connection on the Bose Bluetooth adapter is called AUX OUT.

When you try this, please come back and tell us how it works for you.

Thank you,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Dear ST

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.  I currently own the L1 compact but hoping to upgrade to L1 model 2 in the near future. Which is why I am dispelling all doubts pertaining model 2 before the purchase. As I understand unlike the CL1  model cannot use a mic unless you use the tonematch. luckily i have the tone match.

Best Regards

Hiran

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Please see this new discussion for this question.

L1 Model II with T1® connection to a remote speaker

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Do we have any aftermarket cheap Bluetooth that works either for L1 model ii or with TS4 mixer. 

What I meant is I want to connect my iphone 7 plus remotely wireless with cheap bluetooth to operate music in my iphone?