Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I want to transform my current bose speakers (left and right) to stream music wirelessly from my L1 Model 11 with a ToneMatch

Can anyone help? I want to transform my current bose speakers (left and right) to stream music wirelessly from my L1 Model 11 with a Tone Touch feature.. I purchased a Soundtouch Bluetooth wifi adapter to access rear left and right speakers. How do I hook it up, or did I waste my money with the purchase of the Adapter. - Cal

10 REPLIES 10
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: I want to transform my current bose speakers (left and right) to stream music wirelessly from my L1 Model 11 with a ToneMatch

Hi, Cal (Elmer).

Elmer posted:

Can anyone help? I want to transform my current bose speakers (left and right) to stream music wirelessly from my L1 Model 11 with a Tone Touch feature.

What model are your current Bose speakers?

I purchased a Soundtouch Bluetooth wifi adapter to access rear left and right speakers. How do I hook it up, or did I waste my money with the purchase of the Adapter. - Cal

The SoundTouch Bluetooth WiFi adapter requires a Bluetooth transmitter from the audio source. That might be a phone, tablet, or computer. The L1 Model II with ToneMatch mixer does not have a Bluetooth transmitter.

What is the source of the music you want to play through the Bose speakers (not the L1 with ToneMatch mixer)?

ST

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: I want to transform my current bose speakers (left and right) to stream music wirelessly from my L1 Model 11 with a ToneMatch

I have a computer with playlist of music downloaded from I-tunes. The computer is hooked directly in the Tonematch Mixer.

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Music plays fine thru L1 Model 11 Speakers. Hoping to find a way to stream that same music wirelessly to left and right  Bose Speakers a distance away .

Sam_Spoons
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Does your laptop supper Bluetooth? If so it should be capable of streaming to the BT receiver which then needs to be connected to the two remote speakers (what are they, S1s have BT receivers built in so you won't need the extra receiver, others probably not). The issue with BT is that not all will pair with more than a single device and also most devices mute the headphone socket/speakers when BT audio is in use.

The solution is to buy a BT transmitter I have one of these which works fine. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Golve...576313786&sr=8-6

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Cal,

Elmer posted:

I have a computer with playlist of music downloaded from I-tunes. The computer is hooked directly in the Tonematch Mixer.

Okay. No Bluetooth involved here.

Elmer posted:

Music plays fine thru L1 Model 11 Speakers. Hoping to find a way to stream that same music wirelessly to left and right  Bose Speakers a distance away .

What model are the Bose speakers? We need to know the model to understand if the Bose speakers are self-powered and if they support Bluetooth.

Also, will the Bose speakers be in a separate area where people cannot hear the L1?  This is important because using Bluetooth introduces latency. There will be a significant delay between the sound you hear from the L1 and the sound from the Bose speakers. For anyone who can hear all the loudspeakers, this will render spoken word and lyrics in songs difficult to hear.

Please tell us:

• The model of the Bose speakers
  • If the people who will hear Bose speakers will also be able to hear the L1
  • The distance from the T1 to the Bose speakers
  • If there will be obstructions between the T1 and the Bose speakers
  • If you will have spoken word or music with vocals that must be understood

Thanks,

ST

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

You say the solution is to buy a Bluetooth Transmitter. What should I look when buying transmitter to work in the system?   If I do that , then what good is the Bluetooth WIFI Adapter I bought. ( not needed ?) Wood there still be a problem with type of speakers, are they self powered and if they support Bluetooth.  WOW.

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

WOW, this just to eliminate some wire connected to 2 remote speakers.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Cal (Elmer).

If the Bose speakers are not self-powered, you will need an amp.

If the Bose speakers are self-powered and they have Bluetooth receivers built-in, you don't need the Bose Wireless Link Adapter.

BUT

If you need the sound to be synchronized from all the loudspeakers (L1 Model II and the extra Bose speakers), Bluetooth is not the right technology. There's too much latency.

That's why I asked all these questions.

Please tell us:

• The model of the Bose speakers
  • If the people who will hear Bose speakers will also be able to hear the L1
  • The distance from the T1 to the Bose speakers
  • If there will be obstructions between the T1 and the Bose speakers
  • If you will have spoken word or music with vocals that must be understood

Don't buy a Bluetooth transmitter until you know how it will help you to do what you want.

ST

Elmer1
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

How and when will I know if a transmitter will accomplish what I want to happen. I sure somebody has the solution.