Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 19, 2006

Re: In Memorium Dr. Amar Bose

My deepest sympathies go to Dr. Bose's family and friends and positive thoughts and prayers are being sent to all my acquaintances at Bose Corporation. This is a time for solace and reflection, for all of us.

Sincerely,

John
Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 12, 2004

I was an early adopter of the L1 (it was called the "PAS" back then). It truly changed everything for us when it came to live music, and made me a better performer.

My gratitude and appreciation led me to the East Coast Conference, where I was fortunate to hear Doctor Bose speak, and actually was able to meet him in person.

I was so grateful just to be there, and here is this gracious, humble man, thanking ME for my meager contributions; taking joy in the fact that I was able to push myself to new musical limits.

Meeting Dr Bose and hearing him speak changed the way I conducted my daily life, I always think about that meeting to keep myself in check
when it comes to relationships with the people I interact with.

I will remember him, and the World will miss him. He truly made a difference.
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 18, 2011

As a member of the "at-Bose" family, I too am saddened by the loss of our founder, chairman, and CTO. My personal interaction with Dr. Bose was much less frequent than that described by Chris and Ken, but I always came away from those few encounters smarter than I was before. it should be clear to everyone who's interacted with Chris, Ken, and the other engineers who post here (and used the products that they've created) the high level of excellence that Dr. Bose could bring out in the people who were fortunate enoough to work with and learn from him. The guiding principles he taught and practiced have stood the test of time and will continue to do so, as will the unique products created by a company dedicated to the ideal of "better sound through research".

Jpelli73
("John P at Bose")
Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 18, 2004

R.I.P. sir. Thanks for everything.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Dr. Bose bettered every life he touched, I am thankful that I got to meet and listen to him, directly and through his people.
He is deeply missed.
Highlighted
Registered since

May 12, 2009

It's no exaggeration to say that the L1, therefore Dr. Bose, transformed my musical life. The beauty and efficiency of these products make me want to gig more than I already do.

Rock in peace, Dr. Bose.
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 14, 2003

I've said this before on this forum but there is probably no better time to say it than now.

Without the existence of the L1 I would have quit being a performing musician. This concept so radically changed my performing that it enabled me to go far beyond in years than I had ever expected too.

I will never forget the New England gathering of Bose forum users and Bose employees. To have met Dr. Bose there was an honor and a privilege for me.
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

My first piece of Bose equipment was the 901 HiFi speakers which I bought after my wedding in 1978. I think it was the Mk III. Everyone was most impressed. Over 30 years later (2011) I bought an L1 Compact/T1. Everyone hearing the system is most impressed. Both systems have really clear sound, and I have never regretted making the investments. I can gig on as a solo performer because of the L1 Compact's transportability and clarity of sound.

Thank you and RIP. May your legacy live on for many years to come.