Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2018

Input volume difference between combo jacks (1,2,3) and line inputs (4/5) on T1 Tonematch Engine?

Hi guys

Just a brief question. Should there be a small drop off in sound (5-10%) between the combo jack inputs (1-3) and line inputs 4/5 on the Tone match mixer. I was doing up settings on my Nylon stringed guitar and noticed a difference when I took it from input (2 in this case) and put it into 4/5
The trims, channel volume and master volume were the same on both and both channels were setup identically (same preset, eq, delay, compression reverb etc)

Thanks as always!
Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Input volume difference between combo jacks (1,2,3) and line inputs (4/5) on T1 Tonematch Engine?

Hi Kevin,

Your T1 is operating as designed.

The 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) inputs on channels 1, 2, 3 have a higher input sensitivity than the 1/4 inch (6.3 mm) inputs on channel 4/5. 

You can read more details here: T1 Inputs

Does that help?
ST

Participant
Registered since

May 11, 2018

Re: Input volume difference between combo jacks (1,2,3) and line inputs (4/5) on T1 Tonematch Engine?

Sorry for the late reply! Thanks that's perfect! It was something I was always just curious about. Appreciate the quick response as always!

Best Regards
Kevin