rory conway
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Re: Introducing the new L1 Pro Family!

That’s disappointing about the T1 tonematch only getting power from the new Bose systems. 

I still feel the T1 effects are superior & more user friendly to the newer t4 / T8s.  

I will be interesting to hear the l1 pro 32 

against the truly epic l1 model 2.  Nothing can come near to that system.  

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Ridiculous that Bosed wouldn't make it fully compatible... a scam to get you to buy T4/8

Chriscom
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Although the T1 ToneMatch is unable to send audio it can still receive power from an L1 Pro system via the ToneMatch port. In order for the the L1 Pro system to receive audio, users of the T1 ToneMatch would need to connect the analog main out of the T1 to an available input on the L1 Pro system.

I appreciate the reply, though that's very disappointing to hear.

Another question though: I can't determine off the top of my head if there would be any inferiority in the signal if the T1 is connected this way. Is there? Or are the only drawbacks 1. Another dang cable and 2. Reducing the total number of instrument/mic inputs that are available, compared to use of the T4S/T8.

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

In 14 years of using Classics, Model 1, Model 2, I can confidently say there is no detectable difference in the quality of audio when you use the analog input from the T1 analog output.   I only use my classics currently as I find the Model 2 inferior to the classic as per output and feedback potential.  Yes it's a bummer that the ToneMatch port will not provide audio... at least we can use it to power the T1.  Bringing the power supply and placing it at the base of my mic stand to reach the T1 has always been a bit of an inconvenience.

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

connect two phones via Bluetooth ?

I haven't tried it with my S1, but wondering if the Pro series can take two BT connections, one for my audio tracks and one for the L1 Pro mixer app .. I wouldn't want to be switching back and forth .. I'm a bit mixer happy and often make mid song adjustments

Chriscom
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

Thanks Tommy for sharing your experience on analog quality.

A colleague outside the forum had an interesting question I'd like to share: 

If you have a T4/T8 mixer attached, can you still access channels 1 and 2 independently and use the APP? Or is the app and individual channel control defeated if you have a Bose T4 or T8 mixer connected via the sPIDF connector? I don't have a Bose Mixer or I would try it myself.

He's a big fan of the Pro8, posting demos over at the Acoustic Guitar Forum.

Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Disappointing that Bose chose not to make this clear at introduction. I think it's perfectly normal to assume a ToneMatch port is a ToneMatch port. When it's not, maybe they should change the name to something else, like ToneMatch II.

Thanks for clearing this up Dylan.

O..

David_G

Re: connect two phones via Bluetooth ?

Hey TommyD33710!

You can have 2 devices connected simultaneously just like the S1 Pro.

The L1 Mix App uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to control the system. So you can then have a source device (either the same device using the L1 Mix App or a different device altogether), connected for audio.

Hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

great info, thanks

Looking forward to this.   I had a Mackie Reach for a while and the Mackie mixer app BT connection to the speaker often disconnected.  I hope this won't happen w the Bose.

TommyD33710
Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Tonematch plus inputs

I've read all there is to read on the new systems.  From what I've gathered, you can still use all the analog inputs while the Tonematch mixer is connected.  I assume the app will control those channels