Moon Dog
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Re: Will Bose take trade in to upgrade?

Well I sold one of my L1 type IIs on Craigslist in one day. 

I also sold my Bose Compact on CL in one day. Had multiple other buyers also. 

My 2 S1 Pros replaced my Compact. And my new L1 Pro16 just replaced one of my L1 Type IIs. 

I am considering get a Pro32 as well. Why? Well if the sound quality is as good as that of the Pro16, and I am sure it is, I can't even imagine cranking up those 32 speakers....Aural Heaven for bigger indoor and outdoor events. 

Moon Dog
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Re: Introducing the new L1 Pro Family!

I just got my Pro16 and did two gigs with it and it killed it. 

Amazing bass and clarity like I have never heard even with my L1 Type IIs.

The arrays come with a nice padded soft case...BUT, the sub/Power unit did NOT come with a case. Come on Bose you charge a premium for your equipment, you don't need to nickle and dime us for a soft case. 

I bought Gator cases for my S1s way cheaper than those backpacks. The soft cases companies are smart and see what Bose is doing and they get a lot of that money Bose thought they would make. 

gogoriviera
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2007

The T1 will only power on from cable- it will not pass audio to Pro8.  I know from buying the Pro8 and not testing my t1 before going to gig.  I had to use audio out of T1 back to audio input on Pro8 to actually hear anything

Dylan_R

Hi gogoriviera!

This is correct. The T1 ToneMatch mixer can receive power from the L1 Pro power stands, but the L1 Pro systems cannot receive audio from the T1 via the digital connection. For further explanation on this, please see my response on this thread

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Boy_Narf
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 27, 2018

Thanks for the field report! The subs are 1000 watt now so I'm not surprised by the clarity comment. Yes it's insane they don't include the dust cover like they used to, another $40 I believe, but they do have a few options for cases. The roller bags are interesting but quite pricy.

I'm still pretty hyped on the pro 16. Might hold out till 0% financing event in Feb and pick one up. 

Regarding resale things around here have been bad for the past few years. I see L1M2 systems pop up from time to time for over 50% off retail. Pretty crazy.

Regarding the Bose apps, I'm on an old OnePlus5 never once had an issue with the apps. My friend also runs the latest iPhone and uses the Bose connect app frequently. It sounds like a problem with your phone to me.

Pär
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2021

Nice to hear 😊 what kind of gig did you do with the pro 16? Was it vocals and instrument or DJ? 

EdwinK
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Hi there,

Can we daisy chain two or more of these setups together and use them as a home theatre surround sound system?

Many thanks.

E.K.

Dylan_R

Hi E.K,

Thanks for joining us on the Bose forum!

The L1 Pro systems can be daisy-chained together by using the 'Line Out' connections on the back, but they are not designed to be used for a surround sound home theatre setup.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DopplerAudio
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2005

Does anyone have the dimensions of just the power stands on the Pro 8 and Pro 16?

David_G

Hey DopplerAudio!

I have included the Dimensions of both the Pro 8 and Pro 16 PowerStands below. (H x W x D)

L1 Pro 8 PowerStand: 

21.8 x 17.1 x 12.5 in
55.4 x 43.4 x 31.8 cm

L1 Pro 16 PowerStand:

25.4 x 18 x 14 in
64.5 x 45.7 x 35.6 cm

Hope this helps!