cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_McGoldrick
Registered since

Oct 26, 2009

Irate L1M2 B2/T1 User

I have been using L1 Systems now for almost 4 years, I own a Compact and an L1M2 with a B2 and I use a T1. I have also done close to 400 gigs with these systems in the last four years etc... I have owned the L1M2 and B2 for about six months now and have again done probably 50-60 gigs with it. Last night I get to the gig and no bass was coming out of the B2. I tried my back up cables and I have back up cables to the T1 and to the B2 etc. Nothing! Thankfully I was 10 miles away from home and was able to get my Compact and it saved the day. Got the L1M2/B2 home this AM same issue. Any help would be appreciated. I will also be very upset if I have to ship this B2 back to them, like I did with my Compact last year. I should be able to walk into the Bose store 5 miles from my house dump it on them and get a new one! But I doubt that will happen!

Signed not a very unhappy Bose guy!
12 REPLIES 12
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Re: Irate L1M2 B2/T1 User

Hi Bill

I know how you feel. My Model2 quit after 3 months and I sent it back and they returned it and it still did not work after about 3 gigs. I called them and they sent me a brand new one over night and a return label to ship the "old" one back. My compact failed after also and they repaired it with a full new warranty. I just bought another compact so I have two now "and" a Model2 2b1 bins. Bose backs up their products when they fail but to be honest with you their products have failed me more than any other PA System ( and that's what they are" that I have ever used in over 45 years in this business. I think they are "delicate". I baby mine but I always have "tongue in cheek" when I fire them up. That's why I always carry a "compact' in the car....."just in case".

Love my Bose Systems but sure wish they could take a lick'in and keep on "tick'in.

JMTC

Aj ( originally from Milford, Mass Bill )

Class Entertainment
"music is neither new or odl....it just "is"
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear that your Model II (or B2) is down. I am glad that you were able do save the day with the Compact. I keep my Compact in the car just in case I need it.

Are there red lights glowing on the Model II Power Stand?

Unfortunately L1® Support (phone support) isn't available on Sundays. You can post this message in Ask Bose For Help forum so there's a record for them although you may not get a response until tomorrow.

You can call them tomorrow to see what they can do for you.

Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 (U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET
Bill_McGoldrick
Registered since

Oct 26, 2009

Thanks guys and that is a good tip ST. I brought the whole system back to the Bose Outlet where I bought it, this afternoon and we confirmed it was the L1M2 itself, they gave me a brand new one. And I agree with you AJ, I believe the systems are delicate and I also baby mine. But I have had a Mesa Boogie Amp Mark II amp since 1978, no problems! Smile
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hey Bill,

I'm glad that you have a Bose Outlet that's open on Sundays. It sounds like you got that situation turned around, right quick.

As for the Compact in the car - it takes so little space and weighs so little I'm sure that the carbon footprint of driving it around is minimal. It just lives in the trunk except when it's time to come out for a gig. It's my backup. I've never had to use it that way, but it's saved a few (other guys') gigs.
Bill_McGoldrick
Registered since

Oct 26, 2009

Just tested the new system and we have lift off! Smile
jukeboxjoe
Registered since

May 12, 2009

I too now am a proud owner of a Compact, and I love taking it along with my Model 1 in case the Compact is enough for the venue at hand.

I've been lucky with my Model 1. It has taken a beating for the last 6 or 7 years (dropped more than once, heavily rained on, played in the sun for hours...) and it hasn't failed me yet.

If either of my L1's died, I would not go back to a standard PA. I'm too spoiled by the look and sound of the L1.

Glad to hear you're bosing again!
musicnmotion
Registered since

Sep 24, 2012

Wow. Another sighting of bass speaker output problems associated with the Model 2 powerstand! There's gotta be something going on here...
valvenerd
Registered since

Jun 8, 2008

Unfortunately Bose are not known to report results or causes or fixes of gear failure.

I am one of those owners whose experienced catastrophic gear failure - all my faulty units were replaced ( every one of the three L1M2s) but Im never sure whether the problem has been is truely found and fixed and improved so that newer models are more reliable.

So Bose - do you have anything to say about this? Have you ironed out all the problems or are we just unlucky.

Valvenerd
Bill_McGoldrick
Registered since

Oct 26, 2009

All well and good that they replace their gear, but that does not help you when it is 9PM on a Saturday night and you are ready to go..... And believe me I play allot of restaurants, thus there is no such thing as a sound check. You speak test into each mic and that is it.