Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Menothuparambil
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Is T4S Mixer suitable for S1 pro ?

I would like to buy one more S1 pro to make a small unit along with T4S mixer.   Is it suitable combination ? 

6 REPLIES 6
rycowan
Collaborator
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Re: Is T4S Mixer suitable for S1 pro ?

I use the older T1 Tonematch with my S1 and I can’t imagine a better combination. The same should hold true with the newer T4 and T8, although many users complain the Reverb is not as pleasing on the T4. 

wyattd
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

I use the two together. Works fine for me. The only down side is you have to plug the T4S into the mains. It’s a pity it cant have a direct dc battery input so you could use it off grid.

David

tradbanjo
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

That will work fine.  But ging direct through the S1 is great, too if you only need two inputs.

TURNERSTUDIO
Registered since

Sep 30, 2018

Too bad there isn’t a stereo coupling of the speakers... ie. Something that would give a stereo spread without a mixer... a Bluetooth pairing that Bose could design an app for and the inputs on each S-1could be combined via this Bluetooth app and adjusted accordingly. If so more of us would be buying these in  pairs or an extra S-1 to match the one we have! Backtracks are so much fuller it stereo!

Stratojet
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

I tried the T4s with two S1 and it works fine. I also like teh fact that you can ''post Eq'' the back tracks.  Very efficient. But for what I do at home I use my Zoom R24 as a mixer and it does work as well as the T4S , and I can record my performance if need be. The point I disliked about the T4S is that if you use an USB stick for your MP3's, the system does not always see all of them. Very disapponting.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi TurnerStudio,

TURNERSTUDIO posted:

Too bad there isn’t a stereo coupling of the speakers... ie. Something that would give a stereo spread without a mixer

Please see this article about the Bose Connect app.

... a Bluetooth pairing that Bose could design an app for and the inputs on each S-1could be combined via this Bluetooth app and adjusted accordingly.

The Bose connect app does not affect or combine the physical inputs (channels 1, 2, 3) on the S1 Pro system.  Bluetooth has too much latency to be useful for live sound applications. For more information - please see: The Effects of Latency on Live Sound Monitoring

If so more of us would be buying these in  pairs or an extra S-1 to match the one we have! Backtracks are so much fuller it stereo!

Yes, you can run your backtracks in stereo via Bluetooth from the device running the Bose Connect app.

ST