Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

JBL Eon One Compact, Competition for the S1?

WIth It’s larger subwoofer (8” sizes built in sub), Wireless app access to the mixer section, master volume, multiple effects, phantom power, daisy chaining multiple units, 12 hour battery operation with no tool battery access, and 15 lbs, JBL has a very compelling unit the JBL EON One Compact. It is disturbingly close to the S1 in overall design.

It doesn’t seem to be available yet and the proof is in the quality of sound that Bose has always excelled at, but from a pure features standpoint this unit is intriguing.. 

88 REPLIES 88
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

Re: JBL Eon One Compact, Competition for the S1?

I read its closer to 20lbs and 8 hr. life. There is no array of sound dispersion. I'm not sure phantom power is a good idea for a battery powered system. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I hate to admit it, but the JBL is gorgeous. It seems to have more features too.  And perhaps not the battery issue. I would love to hear it when it comes out.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

I read it was closer to 20lbs. and had an 8 hr. battery life. Phantom power will lessen the battery life too. It doesn't have the array for sound dispersion, tonematch, or the directional eq the S1 has either. It does look like a good unit for a mini pa.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

It is so frustrating to see Bose introduce a new and high quality product like the S1 Pro, that very quickly is copied by other makers with many of the features that we ask for immediately after first introduction.

I think all the major companies watch each other, but it is increasingly obvious that not only do they look closely at and copy new products, they watch this forum and add requested features, then charge less for their product.

Without the array I am pretty sure it won't provide the same dispersion as the S1, but the extra channel, phantom power, and the bottom end of the JBL are features to consider.

Pay attention Bose.

O..

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

The JBL EON One Compact has a single 1" HF driver; The Bose S1 has three 2.25 high-excursion drivers mounted in a curved Articulated Array [from S1 vs L1 Compact comparison]. Compared to the S1's horizontal dispersion of 120 degrees, you'll probably need to be more careful where you point the JBL, as with a typical PA or monitor speaker.

It sure has lots of features though!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

The Bose S1 is better.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 2, 2018

The Bose S1 is better.

Highlighted
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

You're right Donald, technically it is closer to 20 lbs.

This from link in OP

JBL EON One Compact Features:

• 120W all-in-one PA delivers 112dB of clean, full-range audio anywhere
  • 8” low-frequency driver exhibits earth-shaking bass down to 37.5Hz
  • 4-channel mixer makes balancing your levels a breeze
  • Includes 2 x 1/4”/XLR combo inputs, 1 x 1/4” hi-Z input, and 1 x 3.5mm aux input
  • 48V phantom power for your condenser microphones
  • Headphone jack for private monitoring
  • 8-band EQ, customizable via presets, for optimizing your sound
  • Great-sounding reverb, chorus, and delay gives your performance a pro-quality sheen
  • 1-touch ducking feature safeguards the clarity of every word you speak
  • Bluetooth-equipped with USB 3.0 charging ports and tablet stand for streaming from mobile devices
  • Works in both vertical and stage monitor orientations
  • 1/4” passthrough so you can link another EON One Compact to reinforce your sound for larger rooms
  • Weighs only 17.6 lbs., so it's easy to transport from gig to gig
  • Built-in pole mount opens up more configuration options
  • 12-hour rechargeable battery
Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

I think the sound dispersion is going to be better on the S1. If only Bose had that awesome interactive software I see JBL using.  It would be IDEAL to be able to control not only the music volume by Bluetooth, but the mic volume. That would be incredible for performers and Dj's. To not have to stand in back of the speaker to control mic volume would be ideal.