Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

Just bought the Bose L1 Pro 16 yesterday @ MF waiting for delivery

I own 2  - L1 Model II systems with 2 B-1 subs and T1 mixers for performances but wanted a smaller one for the studio and smaller gigs to use with my TS4 mixer. I think this will do the job for me as Bose has done the job for me over the past 6 years. I have a duo with wife. I play bass and guitar while she plays keyboards and runs the workstation that operates Reaper for our backing tracks when playing live.

Bose product name L1 Pro 16

Country  USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

7 REPLIES 7
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

Re: Just bought the Bose L1 Pro 16 yesterday @ MF waiting for delivery

jstjean,

Congrats on the purchase. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after using it. 
I own model 2’s as well

Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

I just received it Wednesday and plan on setting it today in the studio to try it out. I bought the Mackie SRM/Flex about a month ago and returned it. It was okay but I felt that I needed more headroom in volume and the smaller speaker array worried me.

Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

Well it's been a couple of days in the studio and I must say that I think that the L1 Pro 16 is louder and cleaner than the L1 Model II with 1 B1 sub that I have next to it. Maybe because it is new and shiny...LOL. The bass is tight and powerful while the highs are crisp clean and project and the complete system does not rattle while being very loud. I have not tried the app with the Bluetooth, but I did connect my T1 ToneMatch Mixer to the 3rd (aux) channel and it works like a charm. I really like the individual volume, bass, treble, and reverb controls adjust on the L1 Pro16 channels.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Thanks for the information  

Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 17, 2010

I am interested to hear what users have to say about the bass response of the Pro lineup. Specifically how deep and loud is the bass, and how it compares with the Compact and the Model2 with 2 B1s. 

Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

L1M2 with a single B1 will give you probably 1/3 of what the 16 will give you.  The 16 is MUCH more powerful.

Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

Tommy,

Are you saying the overall volume is that much greater with the pro16 vs model2/b1?