cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skillydally
Registered since

Jan 10, 2005

Re: Just ordered a 2nd B1

I'm gonna chime in here and say that I completely agree that two B1s can make a huge difference.

I own two L1s and have been using a single B1 on each unit for 2 years. Just in the last few months I had started working on some solo stuff and just for kicks figured I'd practice with my two B1s on a single L1.

I was so pleased with the sound, I just couldn't bear to go back to just one B1. I had an outdoor festival in March and played with the band with just one B1 on each L1 and immedietely after the gig I made the decision to buy another B1 for each unit.

I ordered them and received them last week.

We played a wedding gig this weekend, and everyone in the band loved the extra bass. Vocals were better, the guitar and bass guitar were better.

Now, I'm not saying you have to have two B1s, but it's kinda like using the L1 for the first time, once you do it, you can't go back. It also reminds me of when I bought my first L1. When I demoed the unit, I was not planning on buy any B1s. Unfortunately, I realized after playing for 20 min that the B1 was hooked up, and again, after hearing it, I couldn't go back.

{fixed grammatical mistakes}
bluesmooty
Registered since

Mar 19, 2007

where are you guys finding a B1 for $200.00 at? I was all ready to get an extra one, but they're $300.00!! I'll probably do it anyway, but,,,DANG!
bluesmooty
Registered since

Mar 19, 2007

So am I correct in assuming that the T1 will take the place of my line 6 pod,(guitar), and my alesis midiverb,(vocal)? So now I have to save enough for a B1, AND a T1!! Oh the price we pay to sound as good as possible.lol
Dan_Cornett
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

quote:
Originally posted by bluesmooty:
So am I correct in assuming that the T1 will take the place of my line 6 pod,(guitar), and my alesis midiverb,(vocal)? ...

The Alesis? yes.
The Line 6? ... it depends on what you're using out of the Line 6.
docscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2007

Like many on the forum, I am considering buying a second B1. We love our L1 system with single B1 for two acoustics and vocals with backtracks, but when I started playing my bass through the system, it fell flat for me.

After reading all the posts here, it sounds like the 2nd B1 will solve my problem. I'm tired of hauling around my bass amp and am looking forward to a fuller and richer bass with the second module.

The other thing I noticed when playing my bass through our current setup is that it muddies up the mix and what I'm playing on bass gets lost in the mud. I'm hoping the second B1 will solve that problem as well.

We've got a patio gig tomorrow night, and I think I'll pick up the extra B1 tomorrow night before the gig. I'll check in with the results on Sunday.

Scott
hned
Registered since

Sep 3, 2005

I have added a second B1 to each of my two PAS systems, and I, too, am impressed with the added headroom and bass thump from the second B1. I use backing tracks played thru an iPod to accompany duet and solo performaces using my Line6 Variax 700 electric, Takamine acoustic/electric, and DigiTech VoiceLive. The added fullness provided by the second B1 is pleasantly detectible. The two-B1 setup is now "standard operating procedure" for me.
hned
Registered since

Sep 3, 2005

Oops, I meant my TC Helicon VoiceLive. My wife was distracting me with a bathing suit fashion show while I was writing the above post, as I listened to my DigiTech JamMan play a rhythm track through the PAS.
docscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2007

Well.....all questions have been answered!
Adding the 2nd B1 module made a 'HUGE' difference in the low end response with my Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass. We played an outdoor cafe with a crowd of about 75 people at a major hotel in St. Louis and I picked up the extra B1 on my way to the gig....good move!

We both use Sure Beta 58 mike's and we ran those out our Mackie into channel 1 with the proper preset (16). I plugged my bass into channel 2 with the proper preset (64). Our guitars travel through the Mackie to balance them and then into channel 4. We also run i-pod backtracks through a volume pedal, then into the Mackie and into Channel 3.

I launched into the bass run on 'Moondance' and was met with a fullness and low end response that was completely missing with just one B1. This was not a small difference. If you are playing bass through your L1 system, you NEED two bass modules. This was the best $300 bucks I ever spent and I will no longer need to haul my Fender Bass amp around. My next investment will be a Line6 Bass pod. Anyone have any experience to share here?

Anyway....this sounded so good at this outdoor gig, I can't imagine how good it will be indoors! We also noted the low register of our acoustics and the drums on our backtrack sounded much fuller as well. Percussive effects on the guitar have a much bigger impact as well. Here's a photo of our patio setup.
acousticaoc
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Wow, from my count it looks like since I started this thread, 3 other folks on here have bought a 2nd B1 and are as impressed with the extra oomph as I am! It clearly is a nicer sound especially if you're adding a bass guitarist or playing a larger room or outdoor gig. I'm playing an outdoor party on June 23rd for about 300 + people and can't wait to hear how the 2nd B1 behaves then. My bass player is visiting from Kentucky in July and we're getting together to play at a fairly large room and we'll be using the 2nd B1 there too.

Andy
bluesmooty
Registered since

Mar 19, 2007

All I really use my line 6 pod for is to get a clean sound out of my les paul. I don't do a lot of gain, or distortion so it may work out, but acually, the line 6 pod fits into a little bag like a purse, and has everything I need so, maybe I can pass on any more accessories. Man, I'm ready to get my radiator speakers back in, plus the 2nd B1 I ordered last week(back ordered from musicians friend). It's time to shake a tail feather!!