LOL ST, ? the red guitar!!

Not to cause any thread drift here in DJ Dan's discussion:

--?8T? Please click the picture for the back story behind the new avatar ?T8?--
djdaver
Registered since

Jan 29, 2007

Re: Just ordered two Model II with double B1 systems

DJ Dan,
I've switched back and forth from using the T1 to a Denon DN-X900 and now back to the T1. With the T1, I can hook up two laptops (usb in and line 4/5) an American Audio Media Operator (Line 3) and two Line 6 wireless mics (Lines 1 & 2). That gives me all of the inputs I need since I'm mainly a wedding and corporate DJ. I use Rockit Pro DJ software so this setup works very well for me.
Another advantage of the T1 is the size. I don't have to carry a big rack anymore as I have a 4 space amp rack that holds my two mics, Media Operator and power strip and I set the T1 on top of it. Then I hook it into just one Model II and I'm golden for just about any event that I do. For only one event this year, an outside Forth of July party for 500 people, did I have to bring out an extra L1. All of my equipment, including lights, fits in my Buick Century.
So, depending on your events and what you are looking for, the T1 is a great option. For my application, it's perfect!

DJ Dave
www.djrudd.com
jdbassentertain
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

DJ Daver, what Line 6 wireless mics do you run? I'm running the XD-V70's.
djdan
Registered since

Nov 11, 2010

Thanks you for the input everyone!
90% of what I do is Karaoke,Videos and Audio.About 10% is audio only for wedding dances.My next question is there enough inputs on the T1 for 4 wireless mics,a laptop and a input for my backup ipod all at the same time if needed?
Does 1 T1 work with 2 L1's in stereo?
And my last question is will I need Balanced 1/4 trs cables from my Yamaha mixer to each L1 ?
Thanks again.
Media4u2
Registered since

Jan 31, 2008

Dan,

You won't have enough inputs with a ToneMatch® for what you're doing.

The ToneMatch has four inputs + a direct USB connection from your computer.

If you use the four inputs for the microphones and the direct USB connection from the computer, then the fourth microphone and the feed from your computer will share channel(s) 4/5. Both will be “live” and you can adjust the sound from the computer AT the computer if you want, and then adjust the sound for mic #4 with the control knob on the ToneMatch, but I wouldn't recommend that balancing act.

I would suggest you go with a good six-channel (or more) mixer that will handle four mics and two (stereo) line inputs.

If you are intent on using the ToneMatch for the effects it gives you and the Gate/Compression/Limiter and the other frills, then you could run your line out from the mixer into the T1. Likewise, you could run a four-channel mic mixer into one T1 input and shape all of the mics with one channel. The individual mic controls would remain on your mic mixer. (I do this when I'm using the four VocoPro mics that I have--run them through their own mixer into the T1, and then run everything else as usual (my Sennheiser mic that *I* use, for example, along with my computer and even the occasional Shure wireless lavalier mic (or two).)

So... if you don't already have the T1, I'd say you don't need it, but if you have it and want to use it, you still can.

Yes, the T1 will work when you configure stereo with two L1s. Run one channel out of the AUX out and the other channel out of the MASTER out. That is your stereo configuration. There's a guide on how to do that in the Wiki, but I don't have the link. Perhaps someone else can supply the link.

Happy gigs!
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Media4u2, DJ Dan

Here is the link:

T1® to two L1®s - stereo

If you are ever looking for something like that you can do a search in the wiki for "stereo"

Bose L1® Encyclopedia, FAQ and wiki

or

For more information about stereo type stereo into the Search the wiki box below - then click Go.
djdaver
Registered since

Jan 29, 2007

JD,
Apologize I took so long to get back to you on the Line 6 mics. I have the older version XDR 95's with one lapel mic and the other a handheld mic. Unfortunately, I got them just before the V series came out. But, I still LOVE them for the ease of use, sound and no interference from any electronic devices.

DJ Dave
www.djrudd.com
djdan
Registered since

Nov 11, 2010

Thanks for the info guys.
Just wanted to give a update on my Bose experience.Picked up my system a week ago at the UPS Will Call,when they rolled out on a cart I think every employee and customer came up and asked me what it was,what I planned to do with it etc. all because of the Bose name on the eight boxes.
Last night I had my first gig,it is a small rural bar and restaurant,the walls,ceiling and floor are wood and they jam 50 to 60 people inside.My old system was 2 JBL 15" speakers on tripods powered by a QSC amp.Normally I had to crank it too loud to get any sound to the back of the room and suffered with microphone feedback.I decided to bring just 1 L1 Model 2 and 2 B1's.
I can't believe the quality of sound,with the place packed the music was perfect anywhere you walked and the amount of bass far surpassed what my old 15" jbl's would produce.
I had compliments from several people that came up to sing Karaoke tunes,they were so happy with how clear they could hear themselves.
Next weekend I have a gig in a large community center and will be using the full system for the first time,can't wait. Smile
packman
Registered since

Oct 6, 2007

Dan, You won't regret it. Enjoy! The guys on here are a great source. Use them for help if and when you need it. Where are you located?
Dynamite DJs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

If you had got the model 1 you would have access to two more mics. Then you would have been able to do what you wanted originally. Of course you would not have the use of reverb or other effects unless you had another outboard effects unit.