Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

KPA for Charlielo

Hi Charlielo,

Riffing off this...

"All the peddles in the world couldn't make up for the sound of my Victoria 35210..."

I'm sure that the Victoria 35210 sounds great.

Do yourself a favour and check out a Kemper Profiling Amp

This has replaced everything here for straight guitar sounds¹. That's amps, pedals, modellers. It plays well with the L1® (and it's only 12 pounds sounds).

And a discussions about that here:

Kemper Profiling Amp

ST

quote:
Originally posted by Charlielo:
I was in a band in 2005 that used 3 L1's with 6 B1 bass modules. Two guitars, bass and drums. It was awesome! Vocals shimmered, only thing that was really difficult was getting used to the sound of my guitar. All the peddles in the world couldn't make up for the sound of my Victoria 35210...I eventually scrapped trying to model the sound and brought the amp out and mic'd it into the Bose. Heaven! The band broke up after a few years. I eventually sold my L1. Now I'm buying a new one...hopefully it will work the way I want to use it.

Original Post

¹ I'm keeping my VG99 for recording other instrument tracks. But for live - it's the Kemper.
4 REPLIES 4
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Re: KPA for Charlielo

Hi Charlielo,

I can only underline ST's recommendation that you take a look at the Kemper Profiling Amp. If you have access to somewhere that you can profile your Victoria 35210 yourself (A studio or detached house etc) you could have the sound and feel of your Amp in the Kemper along with hundreds of others ready to gig with. And you're not limited to just electric guitar amps. Many have profiled their acoustic gear (preamps, acoustic amps etc.) for live use. I've done that too with the T1 set up for different instruments. Now all I need to do live is to switch the Kemper (through my T1 set to bypass) and I can use different instruments as I please with no hassle whatsoever. The Kemper is even loaded with many very useable and good sounding effects which makes an effects board unnecessary for most guitarists. The Kemper also has the feature of being able to connect to 2 Expression Pedals. If you also buy the Remote (Kemper's dedicated Foot Controller for the Profiler) you can connect up to 4 expression pedals. That gives you plenty of scope for sound shaping.

I don't work for Kemper in any way whatsoever, but I would urge you to at least try one out if you have the chance. I made that mistake and ended up having to buy one.

Take care,

Tony

@ST: ST you wrote:

quote:
This has replaced everything here for straight guitar sounds¹. That's amps, pedals, modellers. It plays well with the L1® (and it's only 12 sounds ).

No criticism here, but did you mean 12 pounds ?
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks for the catch Tony,

Fixed now.

ST
Registered since

Nov 29, 2004

Thanks guys, been watching some videos of the Kemper...wow! Big money though...
Advisor
Registered since

Dec 13, 2013

Hi Charlielo,

Definitely not "pocket money" for most of us. I really tried to resist it in 2015 as you can see by reading my posts in the Kemper thread.

My first post in the Kemper thread

Then came a lot of listening to and watching of clips and ..... end of a fairly long fight against GAS was that I played a Kemper and walked out of the shop with it.

Yes it's "big Money," but if you really look at what's on offer for the money with the endless choice of amps, and especially the effects which should be enough for most of us mortals out there, then the price isn't really all that high. Buy a few pedals over a period of time and you don't realize how much you've spent. Add it all up together and WOW I've spent a small fortune on pedals. The effects in the Kemper are really good and you're not limited to just using an effect once within a signal chain.

It is a dangerous topic, though. That said, I've had the Kemper since the end of August and haven't regretted buying it. It also sounds really good through my Compact. Having profiled my favorite settings (signal paths, EQing etc) for the guitars I use it's very easy to change guitars and sounds without having to play with the T1 as I've already profiled the T1. I got that tip from ST, and it was a really good one. I've also got the Remote (foot controller for the Kemper) which makes changing patches a piece of cake. I would advise you to steer clear of it if you don't want to get caught in the Vortex. Seriously though, it's not cheap but you get a lot for your money.
Let us know how the Odyssee goes for you.

Tony