edwitles
Registered since

Dec 4, 2005

L1 Compact idea..... a 3rd section.

Gang -

We very well know the Classics are limited in height. And many times the bodies absorb 70% of the sound close up.

Now for those running compacts - what if a 3rd section was attached?

Basically you would have a 9 ft speaker that would clear any crowd.

Thought from the BOSE staff?
8 REPLIES 8
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 Compact idea..... a 3rd section.

Hi DJ ED,

Interesting thought (that has come up before).

quote:
Originally posted by RobbieD:

I wonder if Bose could make a dummy L1 cylindrical section to fit between the PS1 base, and the lower L1 Cylindrical Radiator section? (ie making the whole thing taller.)

This would be the idea way to get some of the speaker above the crowds heads, without balancing the whole speaker on a table or stand.

It would also look much more elegant.

What do you say, Mr Bose?

quote:
Originally posted by Steve-at-Bose:
RobbieD,

Unfortunately we would not pass the UL tip test if we sold an extension like you're describing (unless it had a way to widen the base too).

Sorry,
Steve

Original Post
Dynamite DJs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

I'm sure you could call in and order an additional dummy section piece.

Let us know how much it is.
djgaetano
Registered since

Apr 7, 2009

That would be a great idea, but I would worry about stability. If you ever see the Renkus - Heinz array they are bigger in diameter and much stronger.(Also about $40 grand) The way they have to mount the sticks to the subs a gogo dancer could ride that poll with out bending it
Ken-at-Bose
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

quote:
Thought from the BOSE staff?

Hi Ed,

This should definitely not be done. The L1 Compact is designed for use with zero (collapsed position) or two extensions only.

In its extended position, it should project over the tops of people's heads to the back of the room.

With best regards,

Ken
ronralph
Registered since

Dec 10, 2005

I've never, ever had anyone complain about my L1C L1 Compact anywhere, anytime about not being able to hear at any event I've done with it. I think some try to over-think and be critical of the beauty of this magnificent product!

Just go out and play and appreciate the sound it puts out. My clients love it and so should you!

Edit L1c ? L1 Compact
- System Naming
edwitles
Registered since

Dec 4, 2005

After think a spell, a 3rd section might be too far from the bass - and cause an unpleasant disconnect.
packman
Registered since

Oct 6, 2007

Hear hear Ron! It is freakin awesome! People watch me carry it in and hook up. Once music starts, they're just shaking their heads and coming up to compliment.
musicman7261
Registered since

Oct 7, 2009

I used my L1 compact at a larger venue last weekend and elevated it on a small patio table (about 18") covered with a black table drape...it looked good and projected the sound well over the entire room.