Frankie_P
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

L1 Compact with Digitech Vocalist Live Harmony Pedal - which channel?

Jus picked up an L1 compact.. play a solo set using guitar and vocals. I run both instrument and vocal mic through a Digitec “Vocalist” Live Harmony pedal. This would then plug using XLR cable into one channel of my PA. Should I plug this setup into the mic side (XLR cable) or do I need to pick up a cable with male XLR plugged into output of pedal to a TRS male plugged into Channel 2 of this rig. Plugged into channel one would be easiest because I have everything Id need but I don’t want to mess up the system.

Edit Subject: Previously "Set up"
Bose Pro Community Admin  

1 REPLY 1
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 Compact with Digitech Vocalist Live Harmony Pedal - which channel?

Hi Frankie P,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community and congratulations on getting your L1 Compact.

Great question.

Frankie P posted:

Jus picked up an L1 compact.. play a solo set using guitar and vocals. I run both instrument and vocal mic through a Digitec “Vocalist” Live Harmony pedal. This would then plug using XLR cable into one channel of my PA.

Should I plug this setup into the mic side (XLR cable) or do I need to pick up a cable with male XLR plugged into output of pedal to a TRS male plugged into Channel 2 of this rig.

Yes, connect the output of the Digitech “Vocalist” Live Harmony pedal to L1 Compact Channel 2. Set the ToneMatch switch to line level.

Compact Channel 2 Line Level.png

Plugged into channel one would be easiest because I have everything Id need but I don’t want to mess up the system.

You won't harm the system connecting to the XLR input, but you'll get better results connecting to Channel 2.

Channel 1 has a ToneMatch Preset for vocal microphones. It's not suitable for a full-range line-level signal (like the output of the Digitech pedal).

We have some  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? for you. 

L1 Compact 

Does that help?
ST