cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnpeterson
Registered since

Feb 18, 2015

L1 M2 Setup Question(s)

I recently became the proud owner of the L1 M2 with T1 and have loved the sound so far! I have a few questions for those of you out there that have been using this system.

1.) System size
I DJ mostly weddings. The average size is 120-150 people. Once or twice a year I will get a wedding of approximately 200. Is a single L1 M2 with a B2 bass cabinet sufficient? Should I run two arrays or only add another B2 or, perhaps, a larger sub such as a QSC KSub or KW181? What about school events of 200 kids with mostly hip-hop, pop and EDM music?

2.) Running two systems
What have you found to be the best setup for running two systems? Stereo or Mono? I've heard that there should be a minimum 15-20 feet of space between the systems when running in mono due to phase cancellation issues. Have you experienced this?

Thanks for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Re: L1 M2 Setup Question(s)

Hi

We just did a Convention Gig with 300 people and our Model2 with2 Bl's didn't break a sweat. During the sound check the event coordinator simply could not believe what he was hearing and brought in his assistant, turned and looked at me and said....."give him a sample"...I just love it when that happens!

AJandCarla
Class Entertainment
"music is neither new or old.....it just "is"
shawnpeterson
Registered since

Feb 18, 2015

How about the school dance question? Is a second B2 sufficient or should I look at something larger?
cris1
Registered since

Oct 19, 2012

For up to about 200-220 in a wedding setting i have used a single M2 with Double B2's with great results. I have come from using both the ksub and Kw181 to now using all Bose to lighten the load. I would say the output of 1 B2 is equal to 1 ksub. And 2 come close to the KW, the KW is a tad bit louder and deeper.
jaswrx
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 24, 2011

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Peterson:
I recently became the proud owner of the L1 M2 with T1 and have loved the sound so far! I have a few questions for those of you out there that have been using this system.

1.) System size
I DJ mostly weddings. The average size is 120-150 people. Once or twice a year I will get a wedding of approximately 200. Is a single L1 M2 with a B2 bass cabinet sufficient? Should I run two arrays or only add another B2 or, perhaps, a larger sub such as a QSC KSub or KW181? What about school events of 200 kids with mostly hip-hop, pop and EDM music?

2.) Running two systems
What have you found to be the best setup for running two systems? Stereo or Mono? I've heard that there should be a minimum 15-20 feet of space between the systems when running in mono due to phase cancellation issues. Have you experienced this?

Thanks for your help!

A single L1, IMO does not cut if for party crowds past 110 people if you are playing at loud volumes with a packed dance floor, especially with modern music. For oldies, it's fine, but with today's music, you really need a lot!

I ALWAYS use a pair of L1s with B2s. So one of each, and I am confident in doing parties unto 225 people.
I ALWAYS RUN IN MONO, and have not found any cancelation, unless you are putting them very close to each other (5ft)

A Ksub is a sideways step, as it is about the same as a B2. The KW is deff going to pack more punch, but a pair of B2s is about the same, so there's that.

If you are going to get a larger sub to help out, chose a better one Smile I can give you plenty of suggestions.

The trick to getting the system to sound bigger than it really is to use the T1. It gives you the option to use the DJ Preset which gives you a lot more lowend.