RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

L1 MII clipping after it warms up

Using two L1 MIIs for my 5pc band.  At one of last week's gigs, one of the power amps started clipping.  After checking connections during a break, there were no indications of any issues.  I set up the units at home, and I was able to duplicat the issue, after it warmed up for about 10 minutes, started clipping, with just iPod music going through the system at a fairly low level.

I went through the normal trouble-shooting procedures, change cables, different channels, etc.  The last test was to swap the amp base with the 2nd unit, leaving everything else exactly as it was, including the "Trim" level at approx. 10 o'clock.

Video attached of the clipping, if that helps.  I suspect an issue with the amp itself, but any help greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 MII clipping after it warms up

Hi, RV.

You've done some great troubleshooting.

What you've shown us in the video is the power stand detecting an error condition, and resetting itself. If the unit does the same thing with and without the bass module and Cylindrical Radiator® connected, then it will have to be serviced by Bose.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

Please call them and they will help you.

Thanks,

ST

RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

No help on the phone call....says to call back during business hours, even though it was during business hours.  One of the pages showing Bose service centers and stores, first 4 that I called were either permanently closed or phones invalid numbers.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi RV,

Did you call today? Bose Support is available Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

They will be on limited hours on December 31st, so if you call that day, please call in the morning.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again RV,

RV posted:

No help on the phone call....says to call back during business hours, even though it was during business hours.  One of the pages showing Bose service centers and stores, first 4 that I called were either permanently closed or phones invalid numbers.

Please give me a link to the page where you found the incorrect information.

Thanks,

ST

RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, RV.

Thanks for the link.

RV posted:

That page is not published by Bose.  I'm sorry it's incorrect, but Bose can't be held responsible for the information on that site.

Please phone Bose Support for Bose Portable PA at the number below,

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

Thank you,

ST

RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I understand....but that is what comes up when doing a Google search for "bose service center wi" - your marketing team should likely do a better job with the SEO.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, RV.

Thanks for the link. I'll tell our SEO team about your experience.

Interestingly, when I search Google for Bose Service Center (no WI) the first four links point to official Bose pages.

Cheers.

ST

RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Got them on the phone this morning.  A 20-minute phone call has my new base unit on it's way with 2-day UPS delivery, along with a label for returning the unit that needs service.

Love the Bose!