Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 18, 2015

L1 Model II: Cleaning power stand (internal)?

I use my L1MII professionally since 2015 in the dusty Phoenix, Arizona climate, 200+ gigs per year.  I've noticed that the small fan screen inside the grab handle of the power stand is getting somewhat caked in dust.  I worry about the intrusion of dust into the unit over time, and I wouldn't mind getting inside to see the condition of the internals, and perhaps give it a quick blow-out to remove any lingering dust.

Are there any disassembly guides for the L1 Power Stand?  I removed a few screws but nothing really loosened or came apart, so I didn't go any further.  At the very least it seems the retractable legs need to come off, but even those didn't seem to loosen when the center screw was removed. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 Model II: Cleaning power stand (internal)?

Hi, Ian Eric.

I understand and appreciate your concern.

Ian Eric posted:

I use my L1MII professionally since 2015 in the dusty Phoenix, Arizona climate, 200+ gigs per year.  I've noticed that the small fan screen inside the grab handle of the power stand is getting somewhat caked in dust.  I worry about the intrusion of dust into the unit over time, and I wouldn't mind getting inside to see the condition of the internals, and perhaps give it a quick blow-out to remove any lingering dust.

Are there any disassembly guides for the L1 Power Stand?  I removed a few screws but nothing really loosened or came apart, so I didn't go any further.  At the very least it seems the retractable legs need to come off, but even those didn't seem to loosen when the center screw was removed. 

Please see this excerpt from the L1 Model II Owners Guide.

Bose does not provide information on how to disassemble the L1 Model II Power Stand. However, for a fixed fee you can have the unit serviced and return to you with a one-year warranty. Please contact Bose Support for details.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

In the meantime, you can use a vacuum cleaner on all exposed ventilation holes. Pay particular attention to the fan port area in the handle at the front.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 9, 2018

Re: L1 Model II: Cleaning power stand (internal)?

I agree with ST... a small portable vacuum with a soft brush like the ones used for auto detailing will do the job from the outside. Important thing is that it needs to be sucked off from the exterior.  Try not to blow it in with pressurized air.