Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

L1 Model II - Something loose in the base

After using this awesome PA the first time, my friend tried to close the base legs before taking the tower off. He told me the legs wouldn't move all the way, so he forced them (ugh). He heard/felt a snap, and then the were able to be folded in. After taking the tower speaker off, there was something loose inside rattling around inside the base.

After looking over things, it appears the clip that holds the speaker to the base was broken off by his actions. It is now floating around loose in the base.

The unit works fine, and the tower speaker fits into the base, but it doesn't clip - no big deal.

Does this need to be sent in for repair and retrieval of the loose part?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: L1 Model II - Something loose in the base

Hey wenkebach,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear this has happened to your L1 Model II system.

If the stability of the system has been significantly affected by the damage, it might be worth contacting the Bose Pro support team for more information on the service options available. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Re: L1 Model II - Something loose in the base

Stability is fine - everything working perfectly. I guess I'm just worried about this piece (whatever it is) touching components inside and damaging the board or something. If that's not the case, then I think it will be fine.