Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

L1 Model II with new T8S

I've been one of those who wants more channels and it will be here soon in the T8S. I've read most of the post's for the 8 and was wondering is the fact there are more channels on the 8 the only new "stuff"? For example, how about more presets, i.e., I am an Korg PA4X Arranger player. One of the presets on the T1 was DJ, also no presets for the Heil microphones. Just wondering if any thought was given to more presets during the creation of the T8S?

Edit title: Previously "L1 Model 11 with new T8S"

102 REPLIES 102
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: L1 Model II with new T8S

Hi Chuckm,

Here's a quick overview of what's new in the T8S compared to the T1® 

New / Changed

• Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 all have combo XLR-1/4" inputs
  • There are channels 9 and 10 that are 1/4" Tip-Ring-Sleeve
  • USB B from PC can be routed to channels 7 and 8 to maintain stereo image and have full channel processing
  • Stereo outputs and processing
    • Two analog 1/4" Tip-Ring-Sleeve (Left and Right)
    • Two analog XLR outputs (Left and Right)
    • Pan
  • Headphone jack
  • 6mm (1/4"-20) threaded insert at the bottom for use with mounting hardware,
  • Tap-tempo delay
  • Dedicated Reverb on Aux 1
  • Four Aux outputs
  • 3-band Parametric EQ per channel
  • Master out 6-band EQ,
  • USB playback (WAV/MP3) from thumb drives
  • New industrial design
  • New magnetic cover

Removed

• Removed the L1® Cylindrical Radiator® stand and the mic stand adapter (replaced by the common 1/4"-20 insert)
  • Removed the preamp outs based on customer feedback that it was used very infrequently

Unchanged

• ToneMatch Presets
  • Firmware update process

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply ST. So I'm still using two sticks and I am assuming since there are no more Preamps, master out's etc there must be some outs for both sides which I also assume would now be in stereo?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chuckm,

The Master Output is now two pairs of outputs.

1/4" (6mm) Tip-Ring-Sleeve  Left and Right (top row)

XLR Left and Right (bottom row)

The only stereo output is the headphone jack on the side of the unit. Oh, and the USB B port sends signals designated as Left and Right.

Have I addressed your thought?

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I think so ST. For years you have been providing this old guy "sound" counsel.I just would like a simple transition from the T1 to the T8. I hope the manual is written for simpletons like me to savvy. Thanks

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chuck,

It's great that we're both still around.  If you need a hand with the T8S, you can always come here.

Cheers,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Thanks Pal, gotta find one first.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Hi there !

I got a T8S recently. I haven’t yet connected it to my L1mkII or gigged with it.

However, I have diving through the menus of the T8S, programming a scene set-up like I normally have on my T1 - and kind of as expected, getting my way around this new T8S is as easy and straightforward as the good old T1 I have had for about 9yrs or so. My bandmate has a T1 too BUT we have added a 3rd band member so need more channels.

So far, I have tested the sound via headphones (and the headphone jack on the side of the T8S) with my Hammond organ clone keyboard (a Mag C2 organ with built in Mini-Vent leslie speaker sim), using two channels to get stereo, panning each channel L&R. This turned out easier to do than O thought. Sounds awesome !!! It’s funny watching the decibel meter LED’s dance while I play the organ, as the leslie sim goes from left to right, and the decibel L&R lights alternate which one is higher !

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I expect it sounds great as you suggest. I use the Korg Arranger Keyboard which also has on board Hammond B3 sounds and more. I look forward to hearing it through the new T8S. But so far I can't find one to buy not until April I'm told. Thanks for your note.

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Hi again !

I’m in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.

i couldn’t get a hold of one in UK shops but the German company Thomann had them in stock for more or less the same price. Can’t wait for a gig with it. I have no doubt it will be just as good with my L1mkII, my pair of Yamaha DXR12’s, or BOTH together as it with my original T1 (well, two T1’s actually).