Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhcrow
Registered since

Apr 17, 2006

L1 backlight!

Strange question but I need to ask....

I was in my local GC the other day and noticed the display for the L1-II. The pole was back-lit in a way to make it stand out. Closer inspection revealed a reflector that seemed to be developed for the system to make it stand out for potential customers. Well, it worked!!! It had my attention. My question is, are these available for purchase? If not, I'll make my own. What a cool way to illuminate the L1 while performing. Seems to me, that would be in the Bose favor.
dhcrow
11 REPLIES 11
Steve-at-Bose_3
Registered since

Oct 2, 2003

Re: L1 backlight!

dhcrow,

Well, I guess we could make them available for sale but man, you'd be unhappy with the price … hundreds of dollars. The bulbs and “capes” are designed to attach to the base plate of the display and that's means you’d need to bring a whole-lotta extra gear to the gig to get the effect. Smile

I'll tell you what's going on there. We have a florescent bulb with a blue plastic cover over it attached to a metal frame. The light is then reflected off of a crescent shaped piece of metal that is painted black with a semi-gloss sheen.

Ours is designed to be very strong. The cost comes from making it tough enough to live in the retail environment for 3 years (or more).

If you really like it, you now have the recipe to DIY. Send us a picture if you pull it off.

Steve
dhcrow
Registered since

Apr 17, 2006

Thank you Steve -
Now that my sound is where I want it thanks to the T1 & L1, my next focus can only be on stage presence!

I will build my own back-light. As soon as possible, pics will come.

I consider this thread a closed one - but that's my humble opinion!

dhcrow
kingscourt
Registered since

Oct 27, 2006

Do you have any photo's of the display, or is anyone using some really great lighting??

Thanks for any input.
earthworm
Registered since

Jul 22, 2004

I saw the backlit Bose L1 M2 display and it does, indeed, look really cool.

This backlighting idea is a really interesting one. It'd look really cool at gigs.
stratman
Registered since

Dec 13, 2005

Hey Gordy,

Did you take any pics ?
kingscourt
Registered since

Oct 27, 2006

Strat Man,

No, I am looking for some ideas.
bomantheguitarm
Registered since

Oct 25, 2007

I want one too. I noticed it in the Guitar Center and thought to myself. Self, I want one of these puppies.
Come on Bose, see if you can come up with an option to clip one of these puppies on the tower. You have guiter holders, T1 holders, maybe you could come up with a lighting system to go on the tower too. :0
aitch1
Registered since

Dec 18, 2006

I just came back to the forum after being so busy!! I have some thoughts on lighting the L1 speaker but it may not have the desired result. In our local "Ikea" store you can now buy these small led strip lights that look absolutely great in just about any application you can think of. I was thinking of putting some around the rear edge of my flat panel plasms tv, just like the philips ambilight system...maybe this would have the effect you're after...just a thought.
dhcrow
Registered since

Apr 17, 2006

Is this what you're referring to: hhttp://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50119407?

I know this has nothing to do with sound but, lighting is a big industry too. It can and does add to the performance. Thanks for tolerating the side-step everyone!

crow