Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

L1 for garage band

I have a small studio 15x21, with 10 foot ceiling and acoustic panels well placed. I have an electronic drum and my question is, would the l1 be good for drum, vocals and acoustic guitar live in my room or it will be too much or I will have feedback problems.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Re: L1 for garage band

Should be ok, I play with a group:

acoustic guitar, piano, bass, 3 vocal mics all plugged into a sound craft ui 16, into the Bose L1.  Acoustic drums not mic’d.

We practice in a similar room as yours but lower ceilings and no sound dampening. 

no feedback and we face each other.  The mixer will also play big role. The UI 16 has good feedback suppression.

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 3, 2018

Re: L1 for garage band

I'm certain it will be perfect for you and will also work well for live performances elsewhere.  We are a 4-piece covers band,  two guitars and bass (all electric) and electronic drums, plus four SM58 mics.  We rehearse in a 16' x 10' garage using a single L1M2 + B2 setup.  The mics, drums and guitar amps all go via a Dynachord mixer into the L1.  It's quite 'cosy' to say the least, but it works very well and we can achieve more than enough volume without feedback.  We use a second L1M2+B2 in our live gig setup.

Dave.