Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

L1 mod 2 with F1 812

I do a couple big parties a year, I have a couple questions. The room is approximately 100 ft wide by 175 deep.  Stage  about twenty five feet wide. I set up a L1 model 2 with B2 base units on each side of stage. Can I hook up my one F1 812 in the middle of the stage using the other output on my T1.   We seat about 300 people at the event. The event is a dance party.  I never used the F1 812 before. Do you think I need it with the two L1. 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: L1 mod 2 with F1 812

Adding an F1 812 would add some "oomph".  Especially for a "dance party".

Back when I had it, I did a couple of larger gigs using my L1 M2 behind the stage and an F1 in the center in front of the stage.  Very nice.

Highlighted
Registered since

May 10, 2018

PS: if you don't mind carrying it, hooking it up and the extra complexity in the mix, more than you "need" is better than not enough.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Harvey,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

The F1 Model 812 can give you more volume (than the L1 systems) for the dance floor. 

Do you already have the F1 Model 812?

How are you connecting the two L1 systems?

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

I'm interested to hear the outcome.  I have two L1s and I intend to purchase two f1s to add for larger venues.  I heard a guy at an outdoor venue with that set-up and it sounded great.  I assume I just use the aux out for the f1s and the normal speaker outs for the l1 sustems.

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Reply for ST, 

Yes, I already have the F1.  

I hook the two L1s by going from the base unit out plug to bottom left plug in on the tone 1 unit.  I’ve been using the two L-1 units for about five years together four or five time’s a year.  I’ve just updated the one unit with a B2 base.  I have two B1 also.  But I think the B2 sounds better than both B1 together.  So I updated.  For small parties, I use just the one B1, so I don’t have to carry the weight of the B2.  for a party of 20-30 people I use a Pro-1 Bluetooth.  I have two big parties coming next year so want to use the F1 for all the sound I can get.

Edit - removed all caps. (IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING)
Bose Pro Community Admin 

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Harvey,

I have had great success with a crowd of 200 people in a room about that size using an L1 paired with an L1 Compact. That said, we were set up at a "narrow" end of the room so there were no dispersion problems. Also it was a listening crowd, with solo vocalists/guitar performers.

At another event in the same room, the stage was set in the middle of the longer wall. Having the second system was essential because the spread was just too wide, even for the Bose columns.

A good deal of your Ompf is going to come from those B2s. Still, if your crowd is bigger and is more of a dance crowd you will probably want the F1 as added "insurance".

MDH

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

Thanks

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, Harvey,

Thanks for the added information.

Harvey posted:

Reply for ST, 

Yes, I already have the F1.  

I hook the two L1s by going from the base unit out plug to bottom left plug in on the tone 1 unit. 

It sounds like you're doing this:

T1 to two L1 Model II systems

I’ve been using the two L-1 units for about five years together four or five time’s a year.  I’ve just updated the one unit with a B2 base.  I have two B1 also.  But I think the B2 sounds better than both B1 together.  So I updated.  For small parties, I use just the one B1, so I don’t have to carry the weight of the B2.  for a party of 20-30 people I use a Pro-1 Bluetooth.  I have two big parties coming next year so want to use the F1 for all the sound I can get.

It sounds like you're having a great time using all your Bose gear.

Harvey posted:

? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? 

Can I hook up my one F1 812 in the middle of the stage using the other output on my T1.   

Yes. You can connect the T1 Aux output to the F1 Model 812.  Here's how you set that up.

T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Aux Output
--?8T? Please click the picture for more details ?T8?--    

Use a cable like this

OR

There's no reverb on the Aux output but you may not notice that if you are using the F1 Model 812 in front of the stage or directed at the dance floor.

ST

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Rob Wright,

Please see this new discussion for your question.

T8S with Two L1 Model II and Two F1 Model 812 systems

Thank you,

Bose Pro Community Admin